Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2016, 01:49 PM

4 posts, read 7,101 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am confused because the apartments "The Fountains at Lee Vista" are located at Lee Vista Blvd, but the apartments have an address with the zip code 32822. The zip code 32822 is called Ventura, where the crime rate is about 5.29%. The crime rate at Lee Vista with the zip code 32829 has a crime rate of 0.8%. Does anyone know if the area where "The Fountains at Lee Vista" apartments are located is safe?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 11:33 PM

Old 01-30-2016, 12:08 AM

82 posts, read 153,817 times
I don't know specifically how safe it is right there (I live a little further up Semoran, 32812 in the Michigan/Conway area), but I can tell you that the crime rate is calculated for the whole zip code area, and some parts of 32822 are not the greatest - mostly the northern part of that area around Curry Ford that has some regular crime. I have heard that the Lee Vista area isn't too bad; not the best area of Orlando, but more working class versus "bad," if you know what I mean. They are also doing a lot of construction around there, building a new shopping center with a movie theater that's supposed to open soon.

Old 01-30-2016, 08:09 AM

35,309 posts, read 20,678,405 times
It's fine- there are pockets- any area that is by shopping always will have higher crime- most of Lee Vista is great- work there and live close by- stay away from apts that line SEMORAN- / Curry Ford-east or west of that you are OK- near the Lowes is not the best- towards the 408-- on Semoran -
I love the area- and in any direction 7 miles from my house -I have everything! food shopping-malls -2 gyms- churches- 528-- 408- 436 the airport- restaurants- schools- and quick way to down town- Can't wait until the shopping opens at Lee Vista Promenade -

Old 01-31-2016, 01:11 PM

Thank you so much, Iris14 and tinytrump.

Old 02-04-2016, 08:05 AM

19 posts, read 24,693 times
I go to the gym by that area, Had my car broken into on mother's day a few years back (but that specific plaza has a lot of unfortunately homeless people around).

But, overall its a growing community and has a lot of perks near by. Gyms, new shopping plaza, Toll Roads and Airports, and Depends how you go about 15-20 minutes from Downtown Orlando. Crime is everywhere, one part of Curry Ford looks like the hood while the other part people are jogging and walking their dogs.

Old 02-04-2016, 11:19 AM

thing with crime it changes- some areas its home grown others people come and go an so does their crime-I think that apt across Lowes needs to get cited and cited and cited until it cleans up their act or go out of business - one way to clean up an area code enforcement of where they LIVE-- nicer place -nicer rents better people. 2nd I'm glad WAWA and another car parts place being built on Semoran. I was reading a few years back how they wanted to make that main VEIN of transportation better. Trees walls etc etc then go and ENFORCE the businesses to keep their appearance- clean and painted and free of riff raff!! -We need that KMART sold and redone-

Old 02-05-2016, 12:40 AM

Thank you for the response. I agree with you. A torn apart place attracts bad people. I don't know much about Orlando, but I hope to find good apartments at a great location.

Old 02-05-2016, 05:35 AM

well I love lee vista area and going east towards 417 is nice and not that expensive- Good luck and one apt i don't recommend is on Hazeltine nat dr-- hear form another poster the walls made of paper and they feel every plane that lands or takes off . I am 5 mi out and I see them and hear them but at a distance where they don't rattle my coffee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: