U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2016, 09:20 PM

2 posts, read 1,796 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Orlando from Buffalo NY and can not seem to find anything in my price rage. I am looking for something at about $850 a month at the most. Something in a safe area. I have looked at a lot of places and a lot of reviews, and there is a lot about people being robbed at gun point or homes being broken into on a regular basis. I am open to any suggestions or tips. Hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2016, 02:04 AM

29 posts, read 46,775 times
That budget is too low. You should expect to pay +/- $1000/mo for a good apartment in a safe (but not glamorous) area. This is consistent with pricing in most other metros, I don't know what it's like in Buffalo. You may need to get a roommate, which shouldn't be difficult with the high quantity of temporary residents in Orlando. You can share a good apartment or rent a room for much less than $850/mo.

Old 02-16-2016, 05:44 AM

23,786 posts, read 36,348,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chawit68 View Post
I am moving to Orlando from Buffalo NY and can not seem to find anything in my price rage. I am looking for something at about $850 a month at the most. Something in a safe area. I have looked at a lot of places and a lot of reviews, and there is a lot about people being robbed at gun point or homes being broken into on a regular basis. I am open to any suggestions or tips. Hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks
Where will you be working? This area is very spread out and it's hard to suggest without knowing that.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:26 AM

13,284 posts, read 10,275,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxnal View Post
That budget is too low. You should expect to pay +/- $1000/mo for a good apartment in a safe (but not glamorous) area. This is consistent with pricing in most other metros, I don't know what it's like in Buffalo. You may need to get a roommate, which shouldn't be difficult with the high quantity of temporary residents in Orlando. You can share a good apartment or rent a room for much less than $850/mo.
You can find a few decent condos and apartments in parts of Lake Mary and Altamonte for about $850... But I do agree with finding roommates. A few years back, I shared a rather large house with 2 other guys. We each had our own isolated section of the house, each with individual bedroom and full bathroom. Cost me $500/month. Only reason I eventually left is because they liked to party too much (and too late) and smoked weed, which I thought was extremely annoying.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:49 AM

23,786 posts, read 36,348,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
You can find a few decent condos and apartments in parts of Lake Mary and Altamonte for about $850.
Unless of course the OP is planning to work in/around Disney or someplace on the other end of the metro area, and why determining job location first is important.

Old 02-16-2016, 03:12 PM

2 posts, read 1,796 times
My new employer is in Maitland, but I will be doing sales so I wont need to report to the office much. The places I have in mind are listed below. I am not sure if anyone can help me figure the good from the bad. Thanks.

Marbella Pointe Apartments, 7528 Marbella Pointe Dr, Orlando, FL 32822
Fountains at Lingo Cover, 6532 Pershing Ave, Orlando, FL 32822
Visconti West
Adele Place, 7595 Sun Tree Cir, Orlando, FL 32807

Old 02-20-2016, 04:26 PM

698 posts, read 865,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
You can find a few decent condos and apartments in parts of Lake Mary and Altamonte for about $850.
Decent 1BR apartments in Lake Mary for $850, where? The ones I'm thinking of start at $1K for a 1BR

Old 02-20-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
My new employer is in Maitland, but I will be doing sales so I wont need to report to the office much. The places I have in mind are listed below. I am not sure if anyone can help me figure the good from the bad. Thanks.

Marbella Pointe Apartments, 7528 Marbella Pointe Dr, Orlando, FL 32822
Fountains at Lingo Cover, 6532 Pershing Ave, Orlando, FL 32822
Visconti West
Adele Place, 7595 Sun Tree Cir, Orlando, FL 32807
You might be able to find a 1BR at Visconti for around $900 a month. The rent might be negotiable if it's been listed for a while.

Old 02-20-2016, 04:38 PM

Just thinking out loud here, I wonder how Tiffany Oaks in Altamonte Springs is? It's an MAA property, they seem to take pretty good care of their places. Maybe check out reviews etc and see what you think.
It's just off 436, set back a ways, but that general area is pretty hectic. You could walk to alot of stores/restaurants from those apartments, including Whole Foods if that's of interest to you.

Old 02-20-2016, 04:40 PM

2 posts, read 3,645 times
Quote:
Do you have to move to Orlando?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando