Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 04:35 PM

19 posts, read 19,075 times

Advertisements

Hello !!!!
I have a few questions about orlando. Me and my husband will be relocating to florida this summer. We are in our 20S).
His job will be working right near disney. We have never been to florida but im sure we will love it!
Anyways.. We are coming from VA. I know itl be a shock! Rent here is $550 for a good area.
What are some of the good neighborhoods to look into? We would like to rent! 1 or 2 bedroom. We also have a daughter. So good schools?
What areas should we avoid?!
Also I would be getting a job, how's the job market? I have tons of experience working with children , in schools and daycares. I have a degree in child development & one in criminal justice! I would love to work at a public school, court, anything like that

thanks for reading!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 07:31 AM

16 posts, read 60,384 times
Good luck. Plenty of resources out there. The best is probably right here on this forum, but here are the stats on Orlando:
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 03-03-2016 at 05:48 AM..

Old 02-25-2016, 08:52 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,397,581 times
Even though you will be working at Disney, I would not live in Osceola county. Too many problems there, unless you can rent a house in Celebration, the one good place left in Osceola now. Move to one of the other counties.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:56 AM

And now someone will probably come tell you that Hunter's Creek is so great. But just look at what is right next to Hunter's Creek. BVL and Ghetto Woods. I would not go to Hunter's Creek.

Old 02-25-2016, 03:34 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
Not to sound discouraging but $550 won't even get you a studio in most of CFL. You would have to consider rent of at least double that to find something decent in a good school zone. If you need to be close to Disney I would look in the Williamsburg area. If commuting is an option Clermont is worth a look as well. You can also consider Winter Garden and Apopka.

Old 02-25-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Not to sound discouraging but $550 won't even get you a studio in most of CFL. You would have to consider rent of at least double that to find something decent in a good school zone. If you need to be close to Disney I would look in the Williamsburg area. If commuting is an option Clermont is worth a look as well. You can also consider Winter Garden and Apopka.
You are right, $550 will get them a home on the worse block of the worst ghetto of Orlando. Unless they just rent only a room like me and my girlfriend. We pay $499 a month for a room.

Old 02-25-2016, 06:11 PM

19 posts, read 19,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Oh I definitely knew I wouldn't find anything in that price range which is fine. I just didn't know where to even look . Ive been on craigslist alot im seeing alot in Altamonte springs. Is that a good area? Also, theres tons available in winter spring, even some around $650. Would u say the whole area of winter park is safe?

Old 02-25-2016, 07:40 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,511,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachLovr20 View Post
Oh I definitely knew I wouldn't find anything in that price range which is fine. I just didn't know where to even look . Ive been on craigslist alot im seeing alot in Altamonte springs. Is that a good area? Also, theres tons available in winter spring, even some around $650. Would u say the whole area of winter park is safe?
There are some not-so-great areas of Winter Park, like the west side of I-4 and over by Semoran/Aloma.

Old 02-27-2016, 08:32 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,872,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachLovr20 View Post
Be careful with Craigslist listings. There have been a lot of scams....people taking deposits for houses who are not authorized to rent them. In the past, I've had a lot of luck calling the larger real estate agents to see what rentals they are listing.

Old 02-28-2016, 09:22 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Compared to VA... schools not as good and rent will be higher Ppl are much less friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando