Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 09:29 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times

Advertisements

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2016, 07:30 AM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
I like going to the estate sales, I find some very interesting areas to drive to- One cool way to learn the city- I am used to the aggressive drivers but need fast reflexes- I however stay off I-4 and I do use RT 50 to go towards the beach and Clermont when my kids live. I am in no hurry- and so very glad I moved so close to work- that work traffic is the worst- I would say

Last edited by tinytrump; 04-26-2016 at 07:58 AM..

Old 04-26-2016, 01:03 PM

108 posts, read 118,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Yes, Joey is quite paranoid indeed, but one has to admit, the drivers here are just plain terrible. And not terrible as in NYC aggressive-driving type, but terrible as in not knowing how to drive. There aren't many places I can think of (if any) with worse drivers than what we have in FL.
Im from NYC I honestly dont think this cliche is true - when you subtract out cab drivers. The yellow cab drivers are downright dangerous. Everyone besides them, well they may be normal to a big city or just slightly worse. We in NYC always found people in New Jersey to be worse.

Old 05-23-2016, 02:49 PM

11 posts, read 15,511 times
Default NJ Drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1218 View Post
Im from NYC I honestly dont think this cliche is true - when you subtract out cab drivers. The yellow cab drivers are downright dangerous. Everyone besides them, well they may be normal to a big city or just slightly worse. We in NYC always found people in New Jersey to be worse.
Lol, I have to agree about that. I'm from the Midwest but lived in NYC for a while and driving through Jersey can be terrifying. The turnpike is more like a racetrack. NYC was fine but very congested.

Old 05-23-2016, 04:46 PM

113 posts, read 182,274 times
Default It is true...

It is true Orlando and maybe Florida in general has very poor drivers. I live in Northern Virginia / DC and although drivers here are more aggressive there is an unwritten code and I actually find the drivers here quite good (but very aggressive). In Orlando you see people driving the speed limit or below in just about any lane and at the same time you have idiots going 90mph weaving through traffic and everything in between. Fortunately for Orlando you do not have the more complex conditions like snow, ice, hills, and winding roads to navigate so these the lousy drivers seem to survive for another day in the only place they can other than maybe a desert. Otherwise natural selection would take care of them...

Old 05-24-2016, 07:58 AM

17,155 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieGCC View Post
It is true Orlando and maybe Florida in general has very poor drivers. I live in Northern Virginia / DC and although drivers here are more aggressive there is an unwritten code and I actually find the drivers here quite good (but very aggressive). In Orlando you see people driving the speed limit or below in just about any lane and at the same time you have idiots going 90mph weaving through traffic and everything in between. Fortunately for Orlando you do not have the more complex conditions like snow, ice, hills, and winding roads to navigate so these the lousy drivers seem to survive for another day in the only place they can other than maybe a desert. Otherwise natural selection would take care of them...
Took the words right out of my mouth. I just got back from DC. Yes, there was some aggressive driving, but people weren't driving "dumb" and careless. Here (FL in general) you have a bunch of boy racers in lowered Civics, OLD OLD retirees that should not be driving, teenagers texting and driving everywhere, women yapping away on their cellphones, ghetto girls dancing and driving, lost tourists, and dump trucks who think they own the road..., all trying to merge onto I4 at a frantic pace.
I often wonder how the stretch of I4 through Lake Mary can constantly get massive pileups and horrible accidents, as it's a straightaway with wide, open lanes. But then, when I think of the above, it all makes sense.
Oh, and then, of course, no inspections, so you have a large amount of idiots driving on bald tires and malfunctioning brakes.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:26 AM

I really wish there was a fact finder site that would say how many crashes due to out of state drivers - I have looked and looked and NOBODY will print or post it- as we are the tourist capital - this weeks accident with the old fella who killed the baby in the stroller- I don't get that? AT ALL- my step mom lives in an assisted home - the door has extra lock- so the old people would not wonder out and get hurt- there was NOTHING in that house that was not "old people" proof - even cooking utensils are locked in--- and of course someone to watch them -
I feel for this family not sure how mom is- yet this is another incident where old people just kill and nothing happens to them. Sure they old - but there should be negligence charges for those who take care of them! - there are like children- someone has to be responsible

Old 05-27-2016, 11:51 PM

5,425 posts, read 3,488,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
Is anyone else concerned about all the horrible drivers around this area?
Joey, where have you gone? I miss you in the forums!

Old 05-28-2016, 01:08 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,946,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Joey, where have you gone? I miss you in the forums!
His parents cut off his internet, he will be back when his punishment is over

Old 05-31-2016, 05:26 AM

https://youtu.be/rab9EQddEHY I used to live in Tampa-- we do have a lot of accidents and fatalities but this is just plain mean
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando