Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 10:51 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
At some point the juice will run out and things will come home to roost.

Republicans sell this as helping main Street and corporations, but we both know, as you've stated, they will use that repatriated money on dividends and buybacks, not employing people or creating jobs. Corporations are already sitting on record cash as it is. And this bill is totally tilted towards the corporate rate cut

It's just bad timing.....this wouldve made more sense in a recession and it's going to raise the debt like crazy. Personally, I think individual cuts would've helped stimulate the demand side more of the equation, rather than focusing on corporate cuts

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...-the-question/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...sequences/amp/
Well duh, that’s true for anything, things dont go up forever.

Yes and tens of millions of Americans have money invested in the market one way or the other. This is where the media is misleading the public. If you work at Mc Donalds, yeah you won’t see much difference. If you work for a conpany that offers a 401k you definetly will benefit from a booming stock market. I’m tired of this hand out mentality where everything needs to be given. Anybody can invest in the stock market. Instead of spending money getting lit every weekend or buying packs of cogarettes, you could invest it in a market ETF like SPY or VTI. You just need a couple hundred dollars to buy a share. You don’t have to be a millionaire. With that being said, I do believe there will be more jobs, most Americans will pay less in taxes, corporations will have more confidence to expand and grow.

I think making incentives for corporations to bring back the mountains of cash from overseas is a great idea. Remember the wealth gap got the worse under Obama. Liberal cities tend to also have the worst wealth gap as well. We were showing real signs of stagnation during the end of Obama’s second term because we knew we couldn’t keep kicking the can down the road with QE. If Trump’s economic push didn’t happen, I strongly believe we wouldn’t have seen these gains and I think the future will be even better even though we are at the typical end of a economic cycle. Hopefully by the time the next recession comes, interest rates won’t be so low so we can lower them to stimulate growth again.

Both parties spend money, the way I see it, Republicans you get less taxes, Democrats you get more pet projects. I’d rather pay less in taxes. Now when it comes to social issues, I side with Democrats although since the election they have gone too far left for my taste to the point where they blantantly say, if you can sneak into the country illegally we got your back!

Old 12-16-2017, 11:45 AM

824 posts, read 1,177,459 times
Both political parties are totally inept big time, this is why we need impose term limits for all members of congress.

Old 12-16-2017, 11:46 AM

824 posts, read 1,177,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
SOME Trump supporters know what the deal is, but let's be honest: the vast majority are a bunch of ignorance riding the bandwagon. Make America Great Again? Lol. Not bashing Trump, he knows what he is doing, but most of his supporters are straight up idiots. And no, I don't dislike the guy. Just calling it as it is. He is 2016s white Obama.
except unlike nobama, trump did something that no other president has ever done, he got America out of the terrible trans pacific partnership,

Old 12-16-2017, 12:59 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
. Remember the wealth gap got the worse under Obama. Liberal cities tend to also have the worst wealth gap as well.
To be fair that's been going on since Reagan and no expert thinks the tax plan will improve that lmao. Quite the opposite

Old 12-16-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
. We were showing real signs of stagnation during the end of Obama’s second term
Like? Obama had several quarters of 3%+ GDP growth during his time in office. He also managed to triple the djia off the bottom before leaving office after taking over the gop-induced great recession.

Republicans gave Greenspan free reign and repealed the glass Steagall act in 1999, even if slick willy did sign it.

Bottom line, there is a demand problem in the economy and corporate tax cuts won't fix that. Let's see what the averages look like in 2020 and beyond. I'm at 35% cash right now and growing and I've been investing for years also

Old 12-16-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Like? Obama had several quarters of 3%+ GDP growth during his time in office. He also managed to triple the djia off the bottom before leaving office after taking over the gop-induced great recession.

Republicans gave Greenspan free reign and repealed the glass Steagall act in 1999, even if slick willy did sign it.

Bottom line, there is a demand problem in the economy and corporate tax cuts won't fix that. Let's see what the averages look like in 2020 and beyond. I'm at 35% cash right now and growing and I've been investing for years also
Who cares about 2020 and beyond when it's still 2017. I think 2018 will be a great year. And talking about the bull market and Trump having nothing to do with the first time in history we see the index positive all 12 months, well most likely as there are still more trading days this month, here is a screenshot I just took. We were range bound for almost two years at the end of Obama's second term because the economy was showing mixed signals and the time was getting over for QE/stimulus. See attachment
Attached Thumbnails
Trump coming to speak at UCF-election_2016.jpg  

Old 12-16-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Who cares about 2020 and beyond when it's still 2017. I think 2018 will be a great year. And talking about the bull market and Trump having nothing to do with the first time in history we see the index positive all 12 months, well most likely as there are still more trading days this month, here is a screenshot I just took. We were range bound for almost two years at the end of Obama's second term because the economy was showing mixed signals and the time was getting over for QE/stimulus. See attachment
Like I said...buy the rumor, sell the news.

Housing prices could only go up in 2006 as well. Lots of hopium out there. Hope you've got some long dated puts

Old 12-16-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Like I said...buy the rumor, sell the news.

Housing prices could only go up in 2006 as well. Lots of hopium out there. Hope you've got some long dated puts
I trade using moving averages for the most part, if the index goes below the 200 day, I close positions and buy the inverse, which is better than owning losing positions in a bull market.

Old 08-13-2019, 06:02 PM
aax

710 posts, read 497,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCOWPB View Post
Want to talk about what the last republican prez did? Don't even go there with me.

I'll say it again, the GOP is about to shatter right before our very eyes. We are about to live through history. Some of you will be left behind.
You were wrong about that.

Old 08-14-2019, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aax View Post
You were wrong about that.
Wow, bumping a 2 year old thread to post that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: