Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 01:15 AM

35 posts, read 37,755 times

Advertisements

No races in NY do anything together. Blacks hang with blacks. Hispanics with Hispanics of their own country. Maybe whites integrate with each other, but even they stick to their own. Italians hang with Italians...etc, etc, etc.

Then you have the WASP whites in places like Williamsburg and other parts of transient Brooklyn. These are mostly all white Midwestern transplants that despise native ethnic NY'ers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 12:41 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,524,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I have made more friends in 2 yrs here- than almost 8 in Tampa- Orlando is warm- now I live in the city-- not the burbs-- with HOA and prison gates-
Prison Gates? What part of the urban core do you reside and what part of PR did you come from? Did you ever live in San Juan?

Old 04-11-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I do not know where they are from in my street there is Asian- Black- Young -Old- Latinos Whites- retirees - working folks and maybe a Muslim who cares- we are NEIGHBORS in a long cul-de-sac. and we get along.
In Miami after Wilma hit --we could see the extension cords across the street sharing energy from those that had generators. MY son a few other men went with our chainsaw cutting branches to help clean up-- community- which is what we need again- PRicans glue that way and I like it
Thats whats up. Hurricans are not so bad in Orlando...not like how they be in Miami.

Old 04-11-2016, 01:26 PM

626 posts, read 976,196 times
Puerto Rico is broke so I assume that's why they are coming to Orlando. WHY are they broke? Corruption?? Don't know how to budget?? The Puerto Ricans I worked with were nice but a neighbor who worked with a PR woman was upset because her young son had a different last name and she put him on welfare even though this PR woman was making a great salary! That is not right.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:23 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Prison Gates? What part of the urban core do you reside and what part of PR did you come from? Did you ever live in San Juan?
NO I have never lived in PR- but have lived behind the HOA prison gates in the US.--

Old 04-11-2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Thats whats up. Hurricans are not so bad in Orlando...not like how they be in Miami.
What trying to fit me in a box? No hurricanes may not be bad in Orl. but there are always issues in a city - life happens everywhere. I have friends in NY and I must be your neck of the neighborhood-that stays aloof- one reason like the multicultural areas- they purposely move there i gather?

Old 04-17-2016, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jv1148 View Post
I believe you're mistaken, while the growth of Puerto Ricans has certainly grown they are not necessarily from Puerto Rico (originally lived). I myself am Puerto Rican but I moved from Ohio. Many Puerto Ricans are moving South of places where they originally lived (i.e New York, Jersey, Ohio, Chicago). Yes there are Puerto Ricans leaving P.R. but it is not as many as you think.
Ok fair enough, what draws many to Orlando vs other cities like Houston, Miami, New Orleans and Philadelphia for example. What draws Puerto Ricans to Orlando?

Old 04-17-2016, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolfer View Post
How do you know if a forum member is Latino or not?
interest

Old 04-17-2016, 07:20 AM

Spanish is common-- and there are jobs- that's why they come- the PR culture has been here a long time- everyone knows Miami is over populated and expensive Orl. is the best next thing.

Old 04-17-2016, 08:57 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
So serious question..... What good has it caused?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando