Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 04:41 AM

1,352 posts, read 6,278,646 times

Advertisements

what's the latest news on a new arena?.....i hear different things from different people....who has the real scoop about a new arena here in Orlando?

and who likes basketball/The Magic and what is your personal view on the team and thier future?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 07:36 AM

24 posts, read 132,039 times
I was reading an article the other day and I believe the time frame for the new downtown venues is 2010. Should be interesting to see the new buildings go up and how they compare once they are finished.

Also, the Magic are - at this very moment - playing in China against the Cleveland Cavaliers. You can watch the game on ESPN2.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorace View Post
I was reading an article the other day and I believe the time frame for the new downtown venues is 2010. Should be interesting to see the new buildings go up and how they compare once they are finished.

Also, the Magic are - at this very moment - playing in China against the Cleveland Cavaliers. You can watch the game on ESPN2.
Thanx for the info..i just turned the channel there......i am a Heat fan but hope the Magic do good too

Old 10-17-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorace View Post

Thanx again for the reply..i turned the channel and they started winning....i guess you telling me was good luck..thanx

Old 10-17-2007, 04:06 PM

698 posts, read 3,270,093 times
Lived in Orlando fifteen years and loved the Magic and going to magic games!

Old 10-17-2007, 04:31 PM

4 posts, read 30,030 times
Orlando should build the damn arena at its current location and tear the old one down. The Magic should play their 2 seasons either in Tampa or the new UCF Arena until built.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:41 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,222,236 times
i went to an orlando magic pre-season game this yr already. all i am going to say about the issue i have with going is that....... i'm going to say it nicely so i dont get kicked off of here or "suspended" again........... but the magic have a player named carlos arroyo, and he was defintely the "shining star" at the arena. it was incredible, i thought i was watching the beatles or something. the standing ovation/cheering/waving of the native flag that night was ...............interesting to say the least.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
i went to an orlando magic pre-season game this yr already. all i am going to say about the issue i have with going is that....... i'm going to say it nicely so i dont get kicked off of here or "suspended" again........... but the magic have a player named carlos arroyo, and he was defintely the "shining star" at the arena. it was incredible, i thought i was watching the beatles or something. the standing ovation/cheering/waving of the native flag that night was ...............interesting to say the least.

I know who Carlos ARROYO is......i think it would surprise some of the NYricans that Carlos Arroyo's skills were homed on the streets of PR and Miami...not in NY like they want to believe....i actually heard some Puerto Rican guy saying that Carlos Arroyo was from the Bronx....which is untrue......he is a nice Puerto Rican guy (carlos arroyo) from what ive heard....the store i deliver pizza at actually goes to his neighborhood (which i wont say where) but some drivers actually delivered to his house and he always gives a $20 tip or more.....just for 1 or 2 pizzas.......and the drivers always say he'll talk to them or his wife will talk to them and that they are really nice..........well i never had a delivery there to his house but maybe one day ill get lucky......i wish some people would give better tips out there like him because they are all rich out in that area.....i still cant belive people that dont give any tip and send thier kids to the door so they dont feel guilty about it......my point is that there are some good PR people out there and there are some scummy white rich people too....hey backtofl....what game did you go to?......do you always go to games every year?

Old 10-18-2007, 09:12 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,222,236 times
heat vs magic... i was pulling for the heat. my fav team.

but the magic are my 2nd fav team...

Old 10-18-2007, 11:32 AM

69 posts, read 443,779 times
I love basketball, and I follow the Magic. My favorite team is the Warriors though. I usually go to the game against Golden State. If I didn't live so far from the arena, I'd go more often.

The team is looking pretty good, and with Dwight, sky is the limit. My only complaint is why did the Magic spend so much on Rashard Lewis???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando