Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 09:43 PM

29 posts, read 100,736 times

Advertisements

Forum Guy, go see the Orlando Magic if they like basketball. Or do a google search that might help if theme parks is not your thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 10:12 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
There are many theater groups in town
including Blue Man and Cirque
there are gardens like Leu Gardens
air boat rides near by
alligator places... gatorland
museums
planetarium
The Fringe Festival is amazing and a must see and do... not so much for the young audiences though, just be selective.

Here are some of the links I will be adding to my web page i pulled them and edited them for the festive things.

Entertainment
Orlando Science Center
Orlando Fringe Festival
Orlando Philharmonic
Orlando Magic
Orlando Sharks
Mennello Museum
Leu Gardens
Hardrock Live (http://www.hardrock.com/live2/live.asp - broken link)
House of Blues
Amway Tickets
Orlando Predators

Business
Orange County Convention Center

Shopping
Prime Outlets
Altamonte Mall (http://www.altamontemall.com/html/index20.asp - broken link)
Fashion Square Mall
Oviedo Market Place
West Oaks Mall (http://www.westoaksmall.com/html/Index2.asp - broken link)

Theater Orlando Rep Theater
Orlando Theater Project
Shakespeare Festival
Theatre Downtown.

·Starlight Dinner Theatre - starlightorlando.com
·Mad Cow Theatre - Mad Cow Theatre
·Theatre Downtown - Theatre Dowtown
·The Osceola Center for the Arts - Osceola Center for the Arts
·Winter Park Playhouse - The Winter Park Playhouse
·IceHouse Theatre - The IceHouse Theatre - Mount Dora Theatre Company - Mount Dora Florida
·Seaside Music Theatre - Home Page

·Disney also a cast theater company known as S.T.A.G.E. as well as Encore, a cast choir and orchestra
Bob Carr Performing Arts Center
Universal Cineplex (http://www.universalorlando.com/cw_theater.html - broken link)
Enzian Theater
Cirque du Soleil
Blue Man Group (http://www.universalorlando.com/bmg_overview.html - broken link)

Kennedy Space Center

Busch Gardens

Holidays
Christmas in Orlando
Christmas trees
Halloween Horror Nights

Restaurants
Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge
Manuels
Texas De Brazil
Victoria and Alberts
Mythos at IOA
Hot Olives in Winter Park
Journeys
Hue
Emerils
Le Coq Au Vin

For Winter Park
How's that for a few things to do? It should keep you entertained for a few weeks.

Ken Anderson

Old 02-15-2008, 11:26 AM

467 posts, read 1,691,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael c View Post
Its a shame that you take such a thing for granted. I have been there many times and enjoyed every single one of them and the beauty around you. I'm sure there are other things to do and thats fine but what you have right next door to you some of us don't have. Just like many things we just take them for granted. They are not for evertbody and some people don't like the crowds but some do. I wouldn't call it crap though. I have been to many places with my wife but one of the greatest times I have ever had was taking my kids to Disney and Universal for the very 1st time, We will never forget it.
very true. I happen to like walking around downtown disney from time to time and hit the rainforest for lunch.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:56 AM

20 posts, read 72,280 times
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. AONE!! Thank you for the list, you nailed it for me. I was trying to find something similar to the Orlando Science center a few Museums. I think we will try to ace this list by the end of the year if possible. Thank you so very much.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:41 PM

132 posts, read 596,571 times
I guess that you can settle for mediocraty. The bottom line is that Orlando doesn't offer too much. I lived there for 10 years, so I am not speaking like I don't know. There are many wonderful things in this world, and Orlando has some real beautiful places to see of a natural variety. The tourist traps brought from California (Disney World, Sea World, etc.) are a joke. God, go to the natural sites and explore the wonder of Central Florida's swamps and springs. That is truly beautiful.
The Orlando area is truly beautiful, OUT IN THE WILD AREAS.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:55 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,607,255 times
HOLY COW! There are so many things to do and go see in Orlando that you can't count them on everyone's hands! What's your pleasure?

Just check out the whole section in the Orlando Sentinel on "things to do & see" and they list everything going on in and around the city and it reads pretty much like a TV Guide. The Orange County Convention Center is big enough to be a city in and of itself. If you go for one event you may very well end up staying for another event you didn't even know was going on.

The list is endless - see AONE's post. That's not even a complete and total list of what you can do in Orlando. There is something for everyone!

The people that aren't happy in Orlando or don't like Orlando are that way because they choose to be. Something happened to them personally that makes them lash out against the whole area. It's along the same lines of "misery loves company." They aren't happy, so they don't want anyone else to find happiness there. Ignore them.

Orlando is alive with activities and fun and things to do and see. Don't let anyone tell you any different.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:46 AM

22 posts, read 82,444 times
Wow, this question is really baffling to me. I am moving to Orlando because there are things to do, from a city where all we have are Elvis' House, and nasty, dirty, tacky Beale Street. You guys that have lived in Orlando for a while are really taking things for granted and that kind of makes me sick.

I truly hope that the children I raise in Orlando don't take things for granted like you all are, and if they do, I'm going to send them to summer camp in Memphis just to torture them into realizing all of the wonderful things that not only Orlando, but all of Florida has to offer.

Shame on all of you. You spend a year in Memphis and get back to me on how you hate Walt Disney World, and Universal, etc.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:58 PM

105 posts, read 550,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintlover313 View Post
Wow, this question is really baffling to me. I am moving to Orlando because there are things to do, from a city where all we have are Elvis' House, and nasty, dirty, tacky Beale Street. You guys that have lived in Orlando for a while are really taking things for granted and that kind of makes me sick.

I truly hope that the children I raise in Orlando don't take things for granted like you all are, and if they do, I'm going to send them to summer camp in Memphis just to torture them into realizing all of the wonderful things that not only Orlando, but all of Florida has to offer.

Shame on all of you. You spend a year in Memphis and get back to me on how you hate Walt Disney World, and Universal, etc.
I visited Memphis in December, had fun on Beale St. but you could feel the 'bible belt' culture and I could never live there. Orlando has negatives but so do a lot of other cities. Personally I lived in Orlando almost 5 years and loved it and if given the right opportunity I would move back. The Lakes, both coasts, central location to visit other parts of Florida, fun downtown nightlife, well kept appearance for the most part, 75 degree days in March, faster pace city but not TOO big, etc....really the only other state I would willingly move to is California.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:07 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnix View Post
Smoke weed, pan handle, rob people, vandalise, pick up hookers, get drunk. These are just a few of the curricular activities to do here.
I think he is talking about ORLANDO not Sanford.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:10 PM

5,826 posts, read 9,607,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I think he is talking about ORLANDO not Sanford.
That's a good one! True, but a good one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando