Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2016, 07:00 AM

1 posts, read 967 times

Advertisements

Hi, can anyone tell me where in Orlando or any parts in Florida, do they allow pit bulls? We're planning to move this summer with our hearts set in Orlando but we can find any apartments that accepts pit bulls and we do not want to give up our dog as he is part of our family. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 07:12 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Maybe contact a real estate agent to help with your rental search. I hope you find a place!

Old 06-08-2016, 08:02 AM

79 posts, read 71,474 times
I don't have any advice, I'm just glad to hear you don't plan on giving up your dog. So many people hand their pets over to shelters and use "moving" as an excuse. A pet SHOULD be part of the family, despite it being difficult (but not impossible!) to find places that accept certain breeds. My husband & I just looked at apartment complexes in Lake Mary a few months back and I was very disappointed when every place had a list of breeds that weren't allowed there. Such a shame, BSL is bullsh*t. Best of luck to you!

Old 06-08-2016, 11:31 AM

43 posts, read 42,207 times
Any place will be very apprehensive with accepting a Pit Bull living in their place. If that dog or any dog for that matter happens to bite someone, they can come after the owner of the house/apartment. In this sue happy environment we live in today especially here in Florida, finding a place might be tough

Old 06-08-2016, 12:26 PM

46 posts, read 54,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiciet View Post
Hi, can anyone tell me where in Orlando or any parts in Florida, do they allow pit bulls? We're planning to move this summer with our hearts set in Orlando but we can find any apartments that accepts pit bulls and we do not want to give up our dog as he is part of our family. Thanks.
Look at renting condos from an individual, many of them do not have as many rules as far as dogs and pitbulls. I had one near UCF

Old 06-08-2016, 03:22 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Moose View Post
Look at renting condos from an individual, many of them do not have as many rules as far as dogs and pitbulls. I had one near UCF
Yep this is good advice, especially if they can meet your dog.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:50 PM

3,262 posts, read 5,001,986 times
The problem may not be with the property owner but rather with the property owner's insurance company. Insurers may charge extra premiums for certain breeds of dogs, running certain kinds of businesses on the property, having a trampoline on the property, etc. So landlords may just refuse to rent to people with pit bulls, for example, to avoid insurance issues, even if the landlord personally has no problem with pit bulls.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:23 PM

46 posts, read 54,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellShoneMoon View Post
The problem may not be with the property owner but rather with the property owner's insurance company. Insurers may charge extra premiums for certain breeds of dogs, running certain kinds of businesses on the property, having a trampoline on the property, etc. So landlords may just refuse to rent to people with pit bulls, for example, to avoid insurance issues, even if the landlord personally has no problem with pit bulls.
There are plenty that will be happy to take some extra money to ignore those issues though... definitely plan to pay an extra monthly pet rent and pet deposit for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: