Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 08:05 AM

118 posts, read 199,134 times

Advertisements

I moved down here from Atlanta, GA last year in June.

I've been forced to Verizon due to such horrendous signal issues with
T-Mobile in CFL.

Now that I am paying through the roof, I figured I'd throw it out there and see if anyone
had a clue why it was so bad ?

Signal w/ T-mobile was a dream in the Atlanta metro area as well as the majority of suburb
areas. LTE was almost always available at very fast speeds.

Any clues ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 08:15 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,570,935 times
That surprises me that T-Mobile does not have a better signal. I know a guy that worked for one of the mobile phone companies with their network coverage. He told me Seminole County has lots of restrictions on cell phone towers, so the service in Seminole County is less than would be expected for a suburban area. I noticed with Sprint the service was OK in Seminole County but better in Volusia and Orange.

If you are in Lake County toward Ocala National Forest, almost every carrier had a big hole in coverage because they can not build towers or its just not worth the investment

Old 06-08-2016, 09:26 AM

17,147 posts, read 15,350,560 times
I used to have T-Mobile, and had little to no issues.
My wife has Verizon and constantly loses signal/gets poor signal, even in our house, where I get LTE through Sprint.
I currently have Sprint. A bit pricey, but I seem to have LTE in places others don't. I'm not a Verizon fan after seeing what my wife goes through. We don't live in a rural area.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:33 AM

27,181 posts, read 43,867,759 times
I currently have T-Mobile and find it's been as good as Verizon for the most part with very few issues locally, at 2/3 the price. It's pretty much useless in the NC mountains on vacation but find that to be more of a perk. : )

Old 06-08-2016, 02:15 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,316,716 times
I use Cricket Wireless, which is basically the pre-paid version of AT&T. Been very happy minus the nationwide outage last fri night.

Old 06-08-2016, 07:48 PM

629 posts, read 1,720,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plucas001 View Post
I moved down here from Atlanta, GA last year in June.

I've been forced to Verizon due to such horrendous signal issues with
T-Mobile in CFL.

Now that I am paying through the roof, I figured I'd throw it out there and see if anyone
had a clue why it was so bad ?

Signal w/ T-mobile was a dream in the Atlanta metro area as well as the majority of suburb
areas. LTE was almost always available at very fast speeds.

Any clues ?
I had trouble with T-mobile as well. Like another poster I'm now with Cricket and they're great. They're actually owned by AT&T, so I get to use the AT&T network for $35 / month everything included. No contract required.

Consider switching to one of the Mobile Virtual Network Operators. If you're with one of the Big Four (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile or Sprint) you're almost certainly paying more than you need to. With one of the MVNOs you get to use the exact same network as the big guys, but at prices often half or less.
For Verizon you'd probably go with Total Wireless, https://www.totalwireless.com/wps/portal/home
but the full list of compatible providers is here.
https://bestmvno.com/verizon-mvnos/

Old 06-09-2016, 01:13 AM

118 posts, read 199,134 times
Interesting..... I may have to look into smart talk or cricket like some of you have suggested. Glad T-Mobile is working for some of you, the unlimited plan is priceless when you have great coverage.

Old 06-10-2016, 04:09 AM

2,580 posts, read 3,746,989 times
I have AT&T and don't have major issues.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:24 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,052,083 times
T-mobile is definitely not "horrible" in Orlando. I have traveled all over the metro and my experience with T-Mobile has been equal to AT&T. Only inside buildings can cause an issue where I did not have that issue with AT&T. However, T-mobile has addressed that with their extended range LTE band that they have been rolling out all over the city. Now T-mobile gets better signal in my office (it's practically a faraday cage) than any other carrier. Unfortunately I have an iPhone 6 and not a 6s which has it. My friends 6s gets LTE in this building which is crazy.

My guess is that you did not have a handset on this list (or had one with band 12 deactivated in the bios). It's also possible the radio in the phone got damaged somehow causing the issue. If you have a phone on this list, T-mobile should be excellent in Orlando:

Devices compatible with 700 MHz A block spectrum - Spectrum Gateway

Last edited by Pete C; 06-10-2016 at 07:32 AM..

Old 06-10-2016, 09:20 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,855,535 times
They finally admitted to me that they have very poor coverage in this market. It was s o bad I had 2 times I called 911 and the calls failed, in different parts of the city. T-Mobile has a poor service here in Orlando. At&T and Verizon have the best networks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando