Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2016, 10:13 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,365,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvOrlando View Post
The times are different. These things didn't happen. It breaks my heart that a generation of people have grown up thinking this is the way we have to live. We don't. We didn't live like this when I was young.

It has NOT always been like this and anyone who tells you differently is lying. Ask yourself why they'd lie.

It could be that the person who posted was thinking about all the people who are gay who have been killed but it was never revealed to be a hate crime (though it was). How many crimes against gay people occur and are never mentioned (especially if it is not made public that the said person is gay)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 10:20 PM

3,951 posts, read 5,075,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvOrlando View Post
It's about both. The terrorists happen to hate homosexuality almost as much as Americans, so gay Americans are a double whammy.

The idea that this guy was just one "lone wolf" out to kill men is bizarre and I don't know why people are pretending that this isn't a terrorist issue. I have yet to figure it out. I get why the government does it (if they say there is no terrorism, nobody expects them to do anything about it), but not why individual people do.

It was a gay club. It was an unarmed group of young men, so easy pickins, but it was a gay club. It was singled out for both reasons, I'm sure.
Given where this man lived, and where he frequented- it was the gathering spot he had witnessed that was likely the most populated and easiest to park at.

There were far more populated Gay Bars in driving distance on a Saturday in either Orlando or Ft. Lauderdale. Phone and Internet history will hopefully reveal more, but I'm under the impression this guy was not making a calculated "this is how I can kill the most (gay/straight/transgendered/jewish/christian) subset". Just- it's time to making my big move, I might as well go to so-and-so a place.
Unless, the killer specifically plotted out killing Gay Hispanics. An incredibly specific subset.

As it goes deeper, if the media and witness reports are true, there might be a bit more to the story- where this psychopath was getting back at those who may have rejected or not accepted him at this club he had frequented.

I don't know a ton about the radicalization process- but if it's a matter of backing, breaking ones self-worth so they become radically suicidal, and informing how to do the most 'damage' to the American psyche- I don't think this dude needed much help. He was a loose screw who was recognized by the Gov't to not have it together- but the follow through wasn't enough.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
The man had visited the club many times before, that he was recognised by survivors. He was known to be an aggressively drunk clubgoer. He was found on gay hook up apps. I mean, COME ON! The funny thing (in a twisted sense of irony) is how ISIS claims this guy is one of them. What a frontman, huh? This guy literally goes against everything Islam claims to stand for (except you know, killing those that you don't agree with) He drinks and he's a closet sword swallower.
You know...it's kind of funny when you think about it. This whole thing is so unreal (or at least I wish it wasn't real).

Old 06-16-2016, 02:48 AM

7,733 posts, read 6,460,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
You know...it's kind of funny when you think about it. This whole thing is so unreal (or at least I wish it wasn't real).
This happened right where I live..

Denton police arrest man at courthouse for making terroristic threats | Denton Record Chronicle | News for Denton County, Texas

Old 06-16-2016, 02:49 AM

7,733 posts, read 6,460,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerD View Post
A religion? I think that that should be plural. I'm not even sure if religion (specifically Judaism, Islam, Christianity, etc.) should be reformed. They can't be reformed.
The Bible has been through how many testaments? Catholics, Protestants, Jews, they all follow their faith very differently from back then. The Muslims who are more moderate are the ones who come here to escape the radacalism out east.

Old 06-16-2016, 06:19 AM

26 posts, read 23,827 times
ir If you listen closely right now on certain media, such as CNN , viz "Anderson Cooper", a known homosexual, are attempting to hijack the terrorist act in order to shape the discussion as if the US has an anti-homosexual "problem".

Listen carefully and pay attention. The leftists are trying to shape the terrorist act in order to facilitate an agenda of "Gun Control" ! Again, pay attention. This terrorism is NOT about the issue of gun control, OR homosexual rights, homosexual marriage, homosexual discrimination, homosexual acts, transgender bathrooms, cross-dressing freak, drag queens, homosexual parental adoption, or even The Bible. It's about a WAR against the United States of America.

Listen carefully to the tenor of the conversation emanating from the homosexual community. Their own words are not focused on the safety of the United States of America. Instead the words are focusing on "hate" against fellow homosexuals, and "hate crimes" to the exclusion of terrorism against the United States of America.

The homosexual supporters like Anderson Cooper can't seem to focus on the root and foundation of the killings by an Islamist named Mateen.

If you really really want to see and hear for yourselves, go see and hear Cooper's interview with Attorney General Pam Bondi of Florida.

Anderson Cooper attempted to twist and mold the occurrence of terrorism into an alleged issue of Americans having a problem with homosexuals in our society, as if the homosexuals are a persecuted segment within our own society and thereby intimating that homosexuals are somehow targeted by our own society. This is truly and patently false, and Anderson Cooper's left-handed assertion should be offensive to all thinking American citizens.

Be careful, and listen up! and you don't even have to read between the lines to understand the level of insinuation and misdirection, which is being concocted by many so-called homosexual spokespeople and "community leaders".

The problem is that we are at war. That's the issue. The issue isn't homosexual rights. The issue is not gun control for US citizens.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:01 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,053,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieClue View Post
The problem is that the shooter HAD in fact BEEN ON A NO-FLY LIST but was REMOVED by the FBI...did you know that?

Also, please know that the shooter's wife knew exactly what he was planning, and was in fact driving her HUSBAND around to "case" and surveil various other locations including Disney itself.

The shooter's WIFE was also dropping her husband off to go into several homosexual clubs and gathering spots.

Why do other homosexuals quickly assert that the shooter *must be* a "conflicted homosexual", when in fact it's more likely he was doing reconnaissance in tandem with his own WIFE ?
I am not a homosexual and I believe his sexuality had a hand in this act. Reports are coming out that he is not even legally married to his "wife" for one thing. His own father called him a gay slur according to his ex-wife, and she said he had gay tendencies. He has been in gay chatrooms and dating sites for years. He could have told his current wife he was casing the club simply because he hated gays all while hiding his own sexual desires. There is a very logical argument to be made that this man could have been fighting an internal battle between lusting for men and his Muslim faith which condemns it. What better target than a gay club to commit a mass killing in the name of Allah to make amends.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:10 AM

Though there are many who are appalled, saddened, really upset by these vicious killings, I guess there are also people who now feel brave and 'supported' by the actions of the Orlando shooter. Sorry rushing right now.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
The Bible has been through how many testaments? Catholics, Protestants, Jews, they all follow their faith very differently from back then. The Muslims who are more moderate are the ones who come here to escape the radacalism out east.

Either way, all their books spread hate regarding homosexuality. Should we be condoning teachings that encourage hate against people who are gay? I don't think it's enough to just ignore those parts of the Bible, Quran, etc.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:15 AM

457 posts, read 627,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
He told 911 he was wired with a bomb and was wired hostages, too.

Reportedly, this killer frequented gay clubs and online sites as well as being one ugly drunk.

He previously claimed support of a variety of opposing terrorist orgs and did not seem to know the difference.

It's going to take serious time to peel this onion, assuming they ever do.
I already know what they're planning to say. "Not terrorism." Lone wolf. Mentally ill. Not a real problem. Don't worry. We will comfort you. In this time of sorrow, you have our good thoughts. Look at the great government leaders, doing such a great job comforting you. Aren't we grand? Look at how everyone has pulled together. This is making us stronger. It's really a wonderful thing.

This celebration of our slaughter doesn't make me feel better or safer. It's kind of making me sick.

President Obama talking about his good friend Buddy kind of pissed me off. I don't want to hear about his friendships. I want to hear that he gives a rat's behind and is going to DO something about this.

All this celebrating about the cops coming in to stop it three hours after it began is also ticking me off. They should be saying, "We are working on getting better at this. It won't be three hours before we show up anymore." I don't blame them for taking such a long time because I really believe they did their best. Their best isn't good enough, though, and instead of acknowledging that and talking about how they're going to get better, they're all slapping each other on the back for showing up three hours after people cried for help.

Pretending there is no problem doesn't make us safer. All this celebrating doesn't make us stronger.

Hillary asked something like "Do we want to be comforted or do we want someone using us for insane campaigning?" Neither! WE WANT TO BE SAFE!! We want to be NOT MURDERED. We want to go out and live our lives without thinking about how we are targets. We don't want to be thinking about how to defend ourselves, should we carry guns, where is the safest place to be in a restaurant, etc.

We aren't military strategists and this is new to us. We don't know how to best protect ourselves. We would like you guys to do the damn protecting. DO IT!

All they do is point fingers at each other and talk about political issues, as if our murder is just another way to campaign. It's disgusting. While they celebrate how wonderfully they've handled this, the funerals continue.

It isn't over here, but they're done with it. They've congratulated each other, said mean things about their opponents and offered us their condolences. So now their job is done.

No terrorism. Terrorism would mean they should do something.

Lone wolf, mentally ill, nothing to be done.

Last edited by LuvOrlando; 06-16-2016 at 08:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando