Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2016, 09:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,234 times

Advertisements

Hello..

I I'm in my mid 20s and I will be starting a job in Lake Mary, FL. very soon.
I am currently looking for apartments, but I don't know anything about this city or cities around it.
I want to stay at max 20 mins away from work and I am looking for a place with other people my age where I could go out and meet people...
I look forward for your recommendations !!

Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 07:39 AM

17,119 posts, read 15,334,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewInTown74 View Post
Hello..

I I'm in my mid 20s and I will be starting a job in Lake Mary, FL. very soon.
I am currently looking for apartments, but I don't know anything about this city or cities around it.
I want to stay at max 20 mins away from work and I am looking for a place with other people my age where I could go out and meet people...
I look forward for your recommendations !!

Thank you in advance!
Lake Mary is perfectly fine. You can find affordable, clean and safe apartments throughout, but my favorite area would be along International Parkway.

Old 08-10-2016, 01:14 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,033 times
Heathrow Town Center, Uptowne Altamonte, the Dwell Apartments, the Sunrail Lake Mary Station Apartments and Maitland Summit area would be best place for young professionals close to Lake Mary.

Old 08-10-2016, 01:36 PM

27,163 posts, read 43,847,941 times
And then of course there's neighboring Sanford which is inexplicably avoided like the plague on this forum. Sanford's west side is as nice as Lake Mary and in many cases less expensive. Check out complexes like Lake's Edge, Ballantrae, Bell Lake Forest, Colonial Village at Twin Lakes, Elan Town Center, Solara and The Lofts at Savannah Park which are all well populated with younger working professionals. All are in close proximity to I-4 and the 417 as well as Seminole Towne Center restaurants/bars, trendy Downtown Sanford's bars and the Colonial Towne Center entertainment complex.

Old 08-10-2016, 03:39 PM

17,119 posts, read 15,334,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
And then of course there's neighboring Sanford which is inexplicably avoided like the plague on this forum. Sanford's west side is as nice as Lake Mary and in many cases less expensive. Check out complexes like Lake's Edge, Ballantrae, Bell Lake Forest, Colonial Village at Twin Lakes, Elan Town Center, Solara and The Lofts at Savannah Park which are all well populated with younger working professionals. All are in close proximity to I-4 and the 417 as well as Seminole Towne Center restaurants/bars, trendy Downtown Sanford's bars and the Colonial Towne Center entertainment complex.
It's probably because that part of Sanford flows seamlessly into the Heathrow area, which is associated with Lake Mary. I only recently found out that the Seminole Soccer Complex (huge OCSC training field) is in Sanford, and not Lake Mary. But I agree. West Sanford is gorgeous, and Sanford in general is a larger, more established town. (Is Colonial Town Center really Sanford? I would have never guessed)

Old 08-11-2016, 05:43 PM

107 posts, read 137,542 times
Why is Sanford avoided like the plague here? Anything besides the headlines?

Old 08-12-2016, 09:28 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,334,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
It's probably because that part of Sanford flows seamlessly into the Heathrow area, which is associated with Lake Mary. I only recently found out that the Seminole Soccer Complex (huge OCSC training field) is in Sanford, and not Lake Mary. But I agree. West Sanford is gorgeous, and Sanford in general is a larger, more established town. (Is Colonial Town Center really Sanford? I would have never guessed)
I agree. I have traditionally and still consider this area "Lake Mary", I never even heard of the term "West Sanford" growing up.

Old 08-13-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aislin View Post
Why is Sanford avoided like the plague here? Anything besides the headlines?
Pretty much only the headlines which accentuate the fact you can't always believe what you read.

Old 08-13-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
I agree. I have traditionally and still consider this area "Lake Mary", I never even heard of the term "West Sanford" growing up.
I (and others) have begun coining the term "West Sanford" for the very reason both of you mentioned. Sanford extends well beyond I-4 heading west (all the way out to the river/Lake County line along SR46 to the north and south) and many only attribute it to being more/less what is found along the 17-92 corridor or the downtown area on Lake Monroe. Some also actually think the Seminole Towne Center Mall area is in Lake Mary when it is in actually Sanford. The Colonial Town Center is in fact in Lake Mary. Lake Mary's northern limits extend just past the CTC and more/less ends just south of where the 417 terminates on International Parkway. The same goes for Heathrow's north end off of Orange Blvd at Markham Rd. as Sanford begins just north of that point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando