Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 01:28 PM

617 posts, read 832,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
I'd score WG over Altamonte. I'm not a fan of Altamonte at all.

And I am not a fan of Ococee or Casselberry.
Oviedo/WinterSprings/Lake Mary are the best.
Completely agree with your rankings. Every time I hear Altamonte all I can think of is the traffic and congestion madness near the mall on 436. I know this doesn't represent all of Altamonte, but it is a large negative factor in my mind.

I like the quietness of Oviedo and Winter Springs as well. Seems more family friendly and laid back.

I still need to make it out to Winter Garden and visit Crooked Can Brewing Co. I hear they've done a nice job revitalizing downtown WG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2016, 01:45 PM

17,182 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTownKnight View Post
Completely agree with your rankings. Every time I hear Altamonte all I can think of is the traffic and congestion madness near the mall on 436. I know this doesn't represent all of Altamonte, but it is a large negative factor in my mind.

I like the quietness of Oviedo and Winter Springs as well. Seems more family friendly and laid back.

I still need to make it out to Winter Garden and visit Crooked Can Brewing Co. I hear they've done a nice job revitalizing downtown WG.
Haha!!! I agree with you on that part of Altamonte. A while back I'd gotten a membership at the Youfit in Cranes Roost/ Uptown, thinking to myself it's 3 miles from my office in Maitland and would be great to get a quick afternoon workout, but I had to quit after getting frustrated that it would take me a good 20+ minutes to get back. That part of 436 is a MESS.

Old 11-02-2016, 04:13 PM

107 posts, read 137,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvOrlando View Post
When I got to Ocoee, I wondered a bit about the list. Ocoee certainly has its share of scary. But most of our cities do. I rather like how we mix it up here, people with extra money living near people with none. I like how it isn't all separated.

However, I haven't lived in any of those cities, so I cannot speak to how it is to live there. Many cities (including my own) don't appear on the list.

CFL is a nice place to call home. I think we can just leave it at that.
Just curious, but where are you at?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando