Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 11:48 AM

1,065 posts, read 4,132,182 times

Advertisements

Definitely a nice area. In fact from there west past lakemont you start to see million+ homes, and further south through Brookshire heights and winter park pines subdivision is a very nice family oriented area with older homes, many fully updated or in the process of being updated.

How long will you be down for? It's pretty tough to set up appointments to view properties by yourself. There is a simple, free way to see 10-20 homes a day if need be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 11:56 AM

22 posts, read 82,214 times
I am going to be down for 3 days. I already have a real estate agent that our company is using, because our office is moving their corporate headquarters there. Hasn't been too helpful at this point, that is why I posed the question here, but I'm hoping she'll be more helpful once I get down there to start looking.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:32 PM

4 posts, read 8,757 times
Cool I'm in the same boat

I'll be moving to the Winter Park / Maitland area in late March. I currently live in downtown Kansas City in a big loft that overlooks the Farmers Market. I work for Sprint and I got transfered to the Maitland office which is off of Trafalagar Court? I know nothing about the area, and I'm looking for all the help I can get. I'm looking for a house or a condo/townhome and I have a pretty good idea of what I want. I'm looking to spend around 800-1150 per month and I would prefer not to live in something that's attached if it's a condo/townhome - I'm not big on having people live above me or below me. I'd like to be close to work as I'll be working nights. I've been poking around looking through Craig's list and I've seen some very attractive properties but I don't know where anything is - so I'm flying blind. I will say that while reading the forums here so far everyone is very helpful and nice. That's a good sign. So, with that being said, I'll think I'll be a fixture around here for a little while!

Old 03-02-2008, 04:08 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,132,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintlover313 View Post
I am going to be down for 3 days. I already have a real estate agent that our company is using, because our office is moving their corporate headquarters there. Hasn't been too helpful at this point, that is why I posed the question here, but I'm hoping she'll be more helpful once I get down there to start looking.
Sounds like you were assigned a realtor from the Relo Company handling your offices relocation. Usually the agents that do relo have to go through some additional training and are somewhat better than your run of the mill realtor. But I'm not sure how other companies handle their relo contracts.

By the way you worded it I was thinking you were calling the listing agents and setting up your own appointments to view the homes. By now I'm hoping our agent has a rough itinerary of homes you will be seeing each day. If not it sounds like you may be wasting alot of time during the 3 days you are down. Worse comes to worse, make sure to get suggestions from everyone here of area's to visit while your here to at least get an idea of other communities that may be possible.

Where are your new corporate HQ's? How close did you want to stay to work? What price range did you want to stay within? And what other criteria besides a safe area did you want in a community/home?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando