Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 06:45 PM

9 posts, read 86,473 times

Advertisements

I have been reading the boards here and have read about both Bellalago and Solivita.

I am wondering if residents of either community can tell me why they chose one over the other.

We are leaning toward Solivita, as we don't have any children at home and have a lot of spare time for the activities.

If anyone has some hands on input, would like to hear from you.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 05:21 AM

1,594 posts, read 5,280,794 times
I do not live at either but I frequently go to both communities for my job and visiting friends. In my opinion Solivita is the far better community. The security is the best around, the common areas and activities are great and there is a better feeling of community there. I have not talked to one person who lives there that said they are unhappy.

I would worry a little about Bellalago because of the amount empty homes and how fast the prices have dropped. This could lead to some problems with the quality of neighbors in the near future. Also, when traveling there on business, the security just lets me in without question but Solivita needs permission from the homeowner before letting me in. I think this adds a better piece of mind in my opinion.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:55 PM

9 posts, read 86,473 times
thanks CMJ..

I was kind of having the same thoughts. And had not considered Ballalago until i saw some unreal low prices in there..

Good points you made about security and quality of future neighbors...

Thanks for the post.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:50 AM

2 posts, read 18,180 times
For nice resort-like community ammenities, Solivita is far superior to Bellalago!

Old 12-27-2008, 12:14 PM

307 posts, read 2,106,198 times
I have heard the identical feedback that cmj_fla stated. I have been there a few times myself, and everyone loves living there, and the staff was very friendly too!

Old 12-28-2008, 08:42 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,853,744 times
I think being on Lake Toho has a great feature Bellalago offers Solivita doesnt. Being an adult community Solivita has some limitations particularly when iut comes to resale. There are some amazing deals in Bellalago and the community is well kept. I would say drive the 2 and see whioch you like better. I think construction In Bellago is superior than Solivita but thats just an opinion.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:24 PM

238 posts, read 742,565 times
We live in Solivita. We've been very happy with the quality of life here. It is a +55 community, so there aren't a lot of kids running around. With the recreational activities, one can be as busy as they'd like. I've been impressed with the quality of the buildings. The neighbors are great. We're satisified with living here.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:13 AM

31 posts, read 117,723 times
you can't just get inside bella lago anymore without permission the security has stepped it up the ameneties and features in bella lago like access to one of the best fishing lakes in my opinion make it amazing and once the economic crisis gets over with i think the community will prosper

Old 06-18-2009, 08:41 PM

255 posts, read 756,934 times
IMO if the only ammenity Bellalago offers superior to Solivita is the lake than I would still prefer Solivita. You can access that same lake going down Southport Road in Poinciana and you can still enjoy your secure, adult living environment. My friend works for Solivita and I have been on property several times and was very impressed with the ammenities it offers, the quality of life the residents enjoy and it's convenience to everything. I would hands down prefer Solivita to Bellalago and I would recommend it a million times over to anyone who asks.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:34 AM

299 posts, read 1,332,952 times
One added feature of Solivita will be a hospital across the street from the main entrance. It is in the planning stages now & could take up to three years to complete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando