Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 11:55 PM

10 posts, read 19,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Hey guys,

I've been researching different areas around the Orlando area for possible relocation. Sawgrass in general, but especially its Plantation subdivision, caught my interest.

Does anyone know this community? Is it as nice and tranquil as it looks or are there any hidden issues that I should be aware of?

How far for shopping and entertainment?

I know the Orlando Intl Airport is very close, does this means the area is constantly suffering airport noise? Is it as big of a deal that it makes it hard getting used to?

What are most of the residents like (do most people keep to themselves or is there a good sense of community)? Are they mostly professionals or more everyday people? Mostly transplants, natives or a healthy/unhealthy mixture? Mostly older people, mature families or younger families? Are there many childless couples?

How are property values holding up in this area? Stable, downward, upward?

Please fill in any other details I may be missing.

Thanks a million!
Bump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2020, 08:39 PM

7 posts, read 6,069 times
Bumping also for information on these same questions.

Would you consider purchasing a home in Sawgrass Plantation? Even though the neighborhood seems very nice, I have a feeling that the area may have drawbacks,
What would the cons be?

Would welcome any information.
Thanks

Old 01-19-2020, 10:26 AM

28 posts, read 64,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maitland View Post
Sawgrass is a development in the Hunters Creek/Meadow Woods area. Just because a developer builds a bunch of homes and gives the development a name doesn't mean that that name applies to the whole area.
Umm.. Actually Sawgrass technically is its own subdivision or area in orange county which is in the City of Orlando for address purposes. So Sawgrass is a completely different neighborhood than medow woods or hunterscreek.

Old 01-20-2020, 10:24 AM

267 posts, read 262,358 times
Check out the schools in that area. We looked at that area about 3 years ago and were told by a person we know who works with the schools in that part of Orlando that the schools in that area have drug problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando