Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 01:36 PM

33 posts, read 35,010 times

Advertisements

Thanks bmw335xi for your input on Winter Park and Oviedo. I am also looking at resale in case we move again, what are your thoughts, do you think both will maintain or gain value (I know no-one has a crystal ball) I was on an Oviedo website that said housing has increased 16% in the last year. I can see though that Winter Park is a more established area. My husband will be commuting (off hours) to Titusville, of course we are in the Bay Area and it sounds like you've lived here before so we are used to long commutes. It seems like the Oviedo commute will be less for him.

Can someone point me to where I can find info on toll roads? I keep seeing mention of the and wonder if he will be forced onto a toll, he would do that daily if it made his commute quicker.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2017, 03:22 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,951,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyncal View Post
Thanks bmw335xi for your input on Winter Park and Oviedo. I am also looking at resale in case we move again, what are your thoughts, do you think both will maintain or gain value (I know no-one has a crystal ball) I was on an Oviedo website that said housing has increased 16% in the last year. I can see though that Winter Park is a more established area. My husband will be commuting (off hours) to Titusville, of course we are in the Bay Area and it sounds like you've lived here before so we are used to long commutes. It seems like the Oviedo commute will be less for him.

Can someone point me to where I can find info on toll roads? I keep seeing mention of the and wonder if he will be forced onto a toll, he would do that daily if it made his commute quicker.

Thanks!
No problem!

Winter Park holds value the best in the entire Orlando area. However, one could make more money potentially buying in a developing area, but if we get a recession, they will go down much lower than Winter Park. Oviedo draws families who care a lot about safety and public schools. It's a bit isolated, so you will need to use Tom roads most of the time unless just going around the local area. If you can afford Winter Park, I'd say go for it as it will hold value the best and make daily life much more interesting.

Old 12-03-2017, 12:18 PM

284 posts, read 164,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
[/b]

I know, that's the beauty of it, the micro climates. If you want a change in weather you can drive to it in a couple of hours.

And to the poster who said people are friendlier....LOL. I have never seen such rude behavior as down in FL. It's the transplants from mostly NY and NJ, they can live in FL for 20 years and still act like they're in Brooklyn.

They sell a house up north, pay cash for a house in FL in a gated community, so now they think they're wealthy, and thinks being rich and rich people must be rude...LOL. When in reality people who come from money for the most part don't act that way.

Than there is driving in FL.....scary.

You seem to be a bitter soul.

Old 12-03-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny the Mutt View Post
You seem to be a bitter soul.
He sounds like one of this bitter Floridian who dream of living in LA because he thinks the people in Orlando are rude and the traffic is bad.... boy are those people in for a surprise if they ever get off their butts and move lol.

Old 12-03-2017, 06:43 PM

74 posts, read 77,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyncal View Post

Thanks!
From Oviedo, you can get to Titusville with no tolls by taking rte 419 to rte 50. It's probably a shorter commute by about 15-20 minutes each way compared to Winter Park. If you check out Oviedo, two sub divisions we really like are Kingsbridge and Live Oak. Give those a drive through if you're in that area.

The below link has some maps for the tolls around the city.

https://turnpikeinfo.com/maps-and-ex...?state=florida

Old 12-04-2017, 07:21 PM

18 posts, read 15,651 times
I currently live in California and i'm looking to move to Orlando and i cant wait. Im sick and tired of Cali and how everything cost an arm and leg. The weather is nice here in San Diego but damn everything is dry all the grass is dead nothing is green. Im originally from the east coast and i miss having all the season, can it please rain one day here in San Diego nope it hasnt rained in about 3 months smh lol

Old 12-04-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reice0923 View Post
I currently live in California and i'm looking to move to Orlando and i cant wait. Im sick and tired of Cali and how everything cost an arm and leg. The weather is nice here in San Diego but damn everything is dry all the grass is dead nothing is green. Im originally from the east coast and i miss having all the season, can it please rain one day here in San Diego nope it hasnt rained in about 3 months smh lol
There are a lot of Californians moving to Orlando lol, myself included. The agent I bought one of my properties from also recently moved from California and then an open house I went to, the guy moved from California as well. You wont get seasons here, but it will be green year round!

Old 12-08-2017, 08:34 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,579,417 times
To those who miss hills, you may want to consider a move to Lake County just because we have the hills. Yes, they aren't mountains like Calif or anything, but still nice.

Old 12-09-2017, 07:44 PM

3,081 posts, read 1,743,209 times
Sugarloaf!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando