Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2017, 09:08 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,579,094 times

Advertisements

I find it shocking to think that a kid this young is already this out of control!

Cops say 13-year-old is a human crime wave - News - Daily Commercial - Leesburg, FL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 09:50 AM

617 posts, read 832,564 times
I'm not shocked at all. Did you read the mother's comments? She's basically enabling him to do whatever he wants without any punishment whatsoever. He knows he can try committing any crime he wants until he gets caught by the police because his mother sure won't do anything about it.

Old 08-08-2017, 10:28 AM

378 posts, read 486,979 times
The court system is just as responsible - With so many charges why are they talking about conditional release and curfews when they should be talking about confining this kid to a detention center until hes an adult.

If this person were an adult they would be looking at 5 years per charge, and since they seem to be a habitual offender it could be increased to 10 years max per charge.

Old 08-09-2017, 09:24 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,870,982 times
My car was stolen several years ago. Luckily, it was recovered without damage but with several hundred dollars of items missing and one heck of a lot of hassle on my part. A few months later, the fingerprints that were left in my car matched a teenager who had been caught stealing another car.

I went to his juvenile court trial so that I could see what he looked like; I wanted to recognize his face if I ever saw him in my neighborhood again. He received a light slap on the hand, probation and no order to repay me in any way. I was there for 2 1/2 hours, waiting through other hearings, and I left with the knowledge that there was not one thing these kids were learning in juvenile court. There was not.one who looked scared or repentant or in any way deterred from going right out and doing again whatever got them in there.

When I complained to the Victims Advocate representative about the outcome of the trial, she said, "Let's face it....you've been screwed twice."

Old 08-09-2017, 09:42 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,946,756 times
Death penalty, problem solved... ok maybe 10 years in prison with life if convicted again

Old 08-09-2017, 10:15 PM

378 posts, read 486,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
When I complained to the Victims Advocate representative about the outcome of the trial, she said, "Let's face it....you've been screwed twice."
Better than 3+ times...based on my experience, the likelihood of identifying the thief is unlikely. If you can identify/locate the person, the detectives will show little interest/motivation. If the detectives do make an arrest, then they will be let off with a slap of the wrist if that.

To share, when I lived in Miami my home was broken into (End of June last year) with a bunch of technology and jewelry taken ($25K+ worth).

Screwed #1 - Detectives took 3 weeks to get a warrant even though I knew who was in possession of one of the stolen items since day 2 (Had their name, address and description). Took me e-mailing the lieutenant/major to get some traction, then miraculously they served the warrant that afternoon

Screwed #2 - Person #1 in possession of one item was given pre-trial diversion and ordered to pay restitution (Haven't seen a dime yet) since they claimed to only buy the property from the thief

Screwed #3 - Person #2 was arrested based on CCTV showing it was their car and them acting as lookout. Judge threw this case out after 6 months of delays because they didn't see enough evidence to move forward with the case.

Screwed #4 - Person #4 who actually broke into the house has yet to be arrested, supposedly their is a warrant out for them though

Screwed #5 - One of my surfaces showed up at a pawn shop (Person #3 pawned) where they bought it for $600. I was told if I wanted this item back I needed to buy it back from the pawn shop for the price they paid I eventually got it back at no charge by taking it to court which is an option I should've been told as well...but obviously took time and a bunch of hassle with the clerk of court since they didn't know how to file/charge me for it (Statute says no charge).

Screwed #6 - Insurance reimbursed me for less than half of my losses as they assign their own value to the items regardless of what the true replacement costs are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: