Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 11:58 AM

89 posts, read 372,066 times

Advertisements

HI, My family and I are moving to the Orlando area soon. We are trying to find a 3 bedroom house to rent. I have 2 kids and 2 dogs. My dogs are a yellow lab and a golden retriever. I've tried looking onlne for some houses but I haven't had any luck. Nobody wants to rent to someone with dogs over 30lbs. The only site I can really find to look up rentals is realtor.com. I tried looking up newspapers, but I can't find any. Can anyone please help me out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 06:40 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,681,178 times
Try Orlando news, information, weather, hurricane coverage, sports, entertainment, shopping, restaurants, real estate, jobs, business, classifieds -- OrlandoSentinel.com; the Apopka New Chief; Winter Park Observer; West Orange Times to name a few. Good luck. I own a dog so I feel your pain in trying to find rental property. Wish we were ready to move--I'd consider renting to you.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:16 PM

986 posts, read 3,548,851 times
Default hi

where in Orlando are you looking to rent. I have worked with alot of companies and clients who are willing to rent to people with dogs. Of course you have to pay a pet deposit but alot of people are not so strict now with so many properties being on the rental market

Old 03-24-2008, 11:57 AM

56 posts, read 166,700 times
Default Rental Website

I'm looking for rentals to. The best website is weichert.com. When you go to the website look on the left side, there is an option for rentals. Good luck

Old 03-24-2008, 02:37 PM

3 posts, read 16,154 times
Default Orlando Rentals

Realtor.com is not a good option for rentals. CRAIGSLIST.com should be the best bet for you plus there is RENTALS.com. You should be able to find plenty between the two of those.

Moderator cut: website

Last edited by Keeper; 03-25-2008 at 08:09 AM.. Reason: removed email me/realtor website

Old 03-25-2008, 08:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,383 times
Good Luck in Orlando, I lived in the south Orlando area for about 2 years. Anywhere close to Orange Blossum Trail is not a good area. The schools are horrible private and public. The realtors make it seems like it is such a beautiful place. Me personal think it is not a place to raise children. I would not recommend Orlando for a place to live on my worst enemy. I dont mean to upset you or anything. I'm just speaking from my experience.
If you would like to chat about Orlando send a DM

Last edited by Keeper; 03-26-2008 at 06:33 AM.. Reason: You don't want to put your email for everyone to see..

Old 03-26-2008, 07:49 AM

986 posts, read 3,548,851 times
Default Hi

I think your experience is a typical one of someone living in South Orlando. As a Realtor, i never have or ever would recommend those areas, because quite frankly, there is no way i would raise my family there. However, i do think that trashing the rest of Orlando because from what it sounds like you were living in a bad area is sad. There are some very nice areas with good schools, nice areas and pretty low crime. Im sorry if you also feel that your realtor did you a disservice and i would have to agree if they recommended that area to you then they were not good, but did you not do any research on the area yorself aswell?

Old 03-26-2008, 07:59 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,145,474 times
I think that is common to Orlando where you live in town, you want another opinion for someone who still lives here, just ask or PM me. =)

Old 03-26-2008, 08:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,347 times
i'm thinking of moving to orlando.i'm a single mother of 4. I work as a server and children are in elementry. Like most people.I need a nice safe place to raise my children,educate my children and work at a busy restuarant. Where is the best place live. I plan to rent.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:26 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,145,474 times
If you plan on renting, I would start by looking in the Altamonte/Lake Mary area, or the Waterford Lakes/Oviedo/Winter Springs area. Once you find some complexes, you should ask about them on this thread because you should get some good advice.
I would avoid Metrowest, Hunter's Creek, South Chase, Ocoee, Casselberry, Airport area, since you are renting especially.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando