Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2017, 01:21 PM

22 posts, read 24,379 times

Advertisements

Including St Pete and the whole Tampa metro- which areas resemble Winter Park and Windermere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 04:23 PM

789 posts, read 702,523 times
Winter Park and Windermere dont at all resemble each other except maybe the price point of houses.

Old 11-21-2017, 04:37 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldusMagnus View Post
Winter Park and Windermere dont at all resemble each other except maybe the price point of houses.
I think he means upscale area, non-hoa, old Florida charm aka big trees, canopy streets etc

Old 11-22-2017, 05:24 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityseekingusa View Post
Including St Pete and the whole Tampa metro- which areas resemble Winter Park and Windermere?
Hyde Park - Tampa, Old Northeast - St Pete, Palma Ceia - Tampa and Crescent Lake - St Pete. The first two are neck and neck for most prestigious, along with closest matches in my opinion.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:18 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldusMagnus View Post
Lol....

Personally there is nothing like winter park in cfl imo

Old 11-22-2017, 07:36 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Hyde Park - Tampa, Old Northeast - St Pete, Palma Ceia - Tampa and Crescent Lake - St Pete. The first two are neck and neck for most prestigious, along with closest matches in my opinion.
Hyde Park looks beautiful, I’ll have to check it out next time I’m down there

Old 11-25-2017, 07:21 PM

5,024 posts, read 5,661,738 times
Kyle hit the nail on the head regarding places similar to Winter Park.... Windermere? That's tougher, perhaps Palm Harbor, with the Inniswood course area maybe being similar to Isleworth? Idk.. Windermere has a distinct feel with it's location and dirt roads, and I don't think the Bay has a single spot of exclusivity like that due to being coastal, most of that stuff is just spread across various coastal areas (Casey Key (South Sarasota)), may be some of that idea, though that seems more like a "poor" man's Palm Beach

Old 11-28-2017, 12:25 AM

70 posts, read 60,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan137 View Post
Kyle hit the nail on the head regarding places similar to Winter Park.... Windermere? That's tougher, perhaps Palm Harbor, with the Inniswood course area maybe being similar to Isleworth? Idk.. Windermere has a distinct feel with it's location and dirt roads, and I don't think the Bay has a single spot of exclusivity like that due to being coastal, most of that stuff is just spread across various coastal areas (Casey Key (South Sarasota)), may be some of that idea, though that seems more like a "poor" man's Palm Beach
As far as non-coastal similarly landscaped streets, and size mansions like Windermere, I'd say Avila is a somewhat similar bay area equivalent, with Innisbrook second.

But yeah it's definitely more water front focused in the bay area, and actually I'd put Casey Key over Windermere even though it's the poor man's Palm Beach/Naples lol

Funny thing about the bay area affluent waterfront areas, especially Sarasota, is you'll have 5-10 million dollar luxury homes next to still not exactly cheap small tear down fixer-uppers from 50 years ago. So while the property values are higher than Windermere, it takes away from the "exclusivity" feel, whereas Windermere is mostly all nice newer homes ranging from large to over the top giant mansions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando