Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2017, 03:30 PM

82 posts, read 193,098 times

Advertisements

I mentioned this briefly in another thread but wanted to get a little more feedback on the hospitals specifically. My wife is an RN working on her PRN, will probably be done in 2019 sometime. I heard Orlando Health is a good one. Are there any others the would be worth looking into that pay well? The areas we are looking at are currently Winter Park, Windermere, Dr Phillips, and Oviedo....so all over the place really, coming from NJ. All input is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 06:30 PM

331 posts, read 1,052,318 times
There are 3 major hospital systems in the orlando area. Florida Hospital, Orlando Health and central Florida Regional owned by HCA. Florida Hospital and Orlando Health are both not for profit while CFRH is for profit. Florida hospital is owned by seventh Day Adventist so it is a “faith based organization” I work on the administrative side and although it is a religious organization I perosonally don’t find it thrown in my face as I am not at all religious. I enjoy working there however I can’t speak of the pay for nurses. I know that they have nurse fairs frequently where you could probably find out that information. I have quite a few friends who work at Orlando Health who love working there and I really haven’t heard antything negative. I do have one friend who is a nurse who did state that she did make more money at Orlando health than Florida Hospital but I don’t know how much and this conversation happened about 3 years ago so a lot could have changed since then. I really don’t think you could go wrong with either organization.

I can’t speak for CFRH. I have had bad experiences there when my dad was a patient and will never go back. I would check out both websites, both systems have several hospitals all over the orlando area, in and near the cities you mentioned. I hope this helps a little!

Edited to add: I left out Nemours the pediatric hospital and the VA Hospital and both located in the Lake Nona Medical City. I dont know what nursing opportunities you will find there but just something else to look at.

Last edited by TehB33nz; 12-18-2017 at 06:39 PM..

Old 12-18-2017, 08:40 PM

Excellent, thanks for the info!

Old 12-18-2017, 09:06 PM

17,200 posts, read 15,390,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfab86 View Post
I mentioned this briefly in another thread but wanted to get a little more feedback on the hospitals specifically. My wife is an RN working on her PRN, will probably be done in 2019 sometime. I heard Orlando Health is a good one. Are there any others the would be worth looking into that pay well? The areas we are looking at are currently Winter Park, Windermere, Dr Phillips, and Oviedo....so all over the place really, coming from NJ. All input is appreciated.
Does she NEED to work in a hospital? There are so many different places where RNs and PRNs can work without having the stress that comes with hospital nurse work. Have you looked into APD?

Old 12-19-2017, 03:52 PM

She's ok with working in hospitals, she's in management now and handles 7 patients at a time no problem so the stress isn't much of a problem. I noticed when I looked at nursing jobs that there are a lot of travelling nurse positions. She doesn't really want to do that though. I guess when we get closer to relocating we'll have to see where she is at with school and such.

Old 12-19-2017, 04:14 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/orlan...-hospital.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando