Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 06:20 PM

91 posts, read 250,507 times

Advertisements

Sometime right after the Holiday's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2017, 07:19 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Are they opening a new store? I bought like $30k worth of furniture there when I moved here and one of the managers was telling me they wish they had leased a stand alone building. It makes sense for them to move as most of their stuff is furniture and that location is more for accessories etc.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Are they opening a new store? I bought like $30k worth of furniture there when I moved here and one of the managers was telling me they wish they had leased a stand alone building. It makes sense for them to move as most of their stuff is furniture and that location is more for accessories etc.
No, not at the time I was told about it. The Tampa store will be taking all of their orders.

Old 12-10-2017, 05:37 AM

27,167 posts, read 43,857,618 times
The Orlando Crate and Barrel is a much smaller scale version of their typical store and never had the revenue from furniture sales (other than the some of the smaller basics) to offset what has to be fairly massive rent. Also unlike other retailers still operating at Millenia, they don't sell items that tourists would find appealing to drag home and by/large that's what keeps those stores afloat.

Old 12-10-2017, 07:07 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
The Orlando Crate and Barrel is a much smaller scale version of their typical store and never had the revenue from furniture sales (other than the some of the smaller basics) to offset what has to be fairly massive rent. Also unlike other retailers still operating at Millenia, they don't sell items that tourists would find appealing to drag home and by/large that's what keeps those stores afloat.
Oh yes, more unsubstantiated anti Orlando ranting by Kyle.

Tell me, what's keeping the Ferrari, Tesla, Lamborghini etc operations alive in Orlando? High end cars don't fit in suitcases either

Old 12-10-2017, 10:37 AM

I can't speak directly on the Orlando market, but I do know that a couple of other Crate and Barrels have closed due to raising rents at the locations. Could be this one is suffering the same fate.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:06 PM

27,167 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Oh yes, more unsubstantiated anti Orlando ranting by Kyle.

Tell me, what's keeping the Ferrari, Tesla, Lamborghini etc operations alive in Orlando? High end cars don't fit in suitcases either
Unsubstantiated? I think not given the evidence regarding the lack of available disposable income in Orlando which has one of the lowest median incomes of all major US metro areas (#82) and one of the highest rent to income inequities in the country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._capita_income

Low wages, high rent: Orlando has a problem - Orlando Sentinel

What's keeping your tired argument of exotic car dealers in business here would be the same as anywhere else, the 1%-2%....especially those with second or third homes here.

Old 12-10-2017, 01:08 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
Quote:
West Elm and Z Gallerie do just fine at their bigger locations next door, not exactly tourist shops lol. It’s not suprising this location has trouble selling furniture when their store is too small to display even 5% of their furniture. Also, Audi, Mercedes, Ferrai, Range Rover, Infiniti all next door... not exactly tourist shops either. I’d also say Crate and Barrel’s new style is a bit out of style these days. In my new home I bought most of my furniture from West Elm. My gf’s mom who is a high end designer that charges $150-200 per hour just for consultation also hasn’t bought anything from Crate and Barrel in awhile. They are going more elegant rather than mid century modern these days. CB2 is still going strong with their simple modern design.

Old 12-10-2017, 05:12 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Unsubstantiated? I think not given the evidence regarding the lack of available disposable income in Orlando which has one of the lowest median incomes of all major US metro areas (#82) and one of the highest rent to income inequities in the country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._capita_income

Low wages, high rent: Orlando has a problem - Orlando Sentinel

What's keeping your tired argument of exotic car dealers in business here would be the same as anywhere else, the 1%-2%....especially those with second or third homes here.
People buy lambos for their second and third homes? Enough to support a dealership. Care to support any of that hypothesis?

Old 12-10-2017, 05:18 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,746,585 times
Could they be planning to open a standalone or strip-mall location? That's what Panera is doing as they convert all of their stores to stores with drive-thru access. Nevertheless, both those Panera and CB parcels will get gobbled up quickly by someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando