Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2018, 09:39 AM

10 posts, read 22,765 times

Advertisements

Hey Guys,

Just a quick thread looking for information on Davenport, FL. Our family is in the process of relocating to central Florida. (We currently are moving up from Miami, housing, lifestyle and people over all- its just getting completely crazy down here & a move has been in the works and long over due for sometime now).

A little bit about us:

We are 3 families relocating up!

1) grandparents, set to retire but are still working through their business. They have 1 other adult son who still stays with them.

2) My husband, baby and myself- couple in early/mid 30s. Business owners- looking to relocate for better quality of life for our daughter and to just lay down some roots for a while.

1) grandmother 2- divorced with 2 college kids freshman and sophmore who by chance are also getting into UCF

We all would like better housing costs, which is why a little drive into Orlando is okay with us.

1) Would like a little land with our properties...coming from Miami- everyone is on top of each others house! Like literally your bathroom window into your neighbors lol...so just a cute home, with nice lot would be nice and...

2) better taxes. (I heard Polk county has lowest taxes in that area....currently my taxes for this year were 5 grand!! YOU HEARD IT- 5 GRAND- Miami of course! this is for a 2 bedroom condo lol OF COURSE.. no I am not kidding lol.

3) Also- the land/ no HOA thing is important to us b/c my husband and his parents business have work trucks that need to be parked on property... with our current HOA we cant do that & this would save us an additional $500/ month in storage costs!

Please let me know your thoughts and area suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 11:14 AM

27,012 posts, read 43,613,652 times
With UCF as part of the equation I don't think Davenport is a viable option. If you're looking for acreage, less development and more peace/quiet you might consider the area around Titusville in Brevard County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando