Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 06:55 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times

Advertisements

@ Chop & Stable

SV is actually very clean. It reminds me a lot of Orlando, same type of atmosphere as well. It's basically an Orlando without all the theme parks, greenery and affordable housing.

San Francisco is not part of Silicon Valley, just FYI.

SV is not some futuristic other worldly city compared to Orlando as one member implied, but it is also not a dirty human feces type of area as you both implied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 02:50 PM

3,080 posts, read 1,745,013 times
I know SV is not SF. I just lump them together because I feel like when he referred to the people from there, he was referring to SF population (because he thinks they're so much better). All I meant was that SF can keep their people, I like Orlando folks much better. I'm sure SV peeps are good too, but I'll bet there are still some with San Francisco perspectives...

Old 03-30-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
I know SV is not SF. I just lump them together because I feel like when he referred to the people from there, he was referring to SF population (because he thinks they're so much better). All I meant was that SF can keep their people, I like Orlando folks much better. I'm sure SV peeps are good too, but I'll bet there are still some with San Francisco perspectives...
Oh ok, I got you, yeah I lived there for 7 years total. There are a lot of nice people from there to San Jose. I found a lot of rude people in East Bay though, especially in Oakland and Berkeley.

However, I know the smugness you're talking about. It's quite funny too because most of them haven't really seen many places and they talk all high and mighty yet are professional salary adult accountants in there 30s with room mates or living in an old outdated nasty building or apartment paying half their income for it, meanwhile a homeless sets up camp in their quaint park and another pulls down his pants to pee on the sidewalk right outside of boutique shops that average $100 for a normal t-shirt. I think Sausalito, San Francisco, Burlingame, San Mateo are nice spots... SF has a ton of issues though. The other areas mentioned are near perfect, except your housing situation is horrendous. Meanwhile SV is not much different than Orlando, except their homes look like crap and there aren't all the theme parks. Oh and you have hills, but a good chunk of the year they are brown and desolate looking.

Old 03-30-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post

However, I know the smugness you're talking about. It's quite funny too because most of them haven't really seen many places and they talk all high and mighty yet are professional salary adult accountants in there 30s with room mates or living in an old outdated nasty building or apartment paying half their income for it, meanwhile a homeless sets up camp in their quaint park and another pulls down his pants to pee on the sidewalk right outside of boutique shops that average $100 for a normal t-shirt. I think Sausalito, San Francisco, Burlingame, San Mateo are nice spots... SF has a ton of issues though. The other areas mentioned are near perfect, except your housing situation is horrendous. Meanwhile SV is not much different than Orlando, except their homes look like crap and there aren't all the theme parks. Oh and you have hills, but a good chunk of the year they are brown and desolate looking.
yeah you nailed it. and I know there are some good people there I'm making a sweeping generalization. I lived there for about 10 years and met some really good people. And I agree with everything you said above. by the way you know me I changed my username. I'm the same one who posted California Orlando support group

Old 03-31-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
yeah you nailed it. and I know there are some good people there I'm making a sweeping generalization. I lived there for about 10 years and met some really good people. And I agree with everything you said above. by the way you know me I changed my username. I'm the same one who posted California Orlando support group
Ohhhhh I was wondering where you went lol, haha good to know!

Old 03-31-2018, 01:50 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
@ Chop & Stable

SV is actually very clean. It reminds me a lot of Orlando, same type of atmosphere as well. It's basically an Orlando without all the theme parks, greenery and affordable housing.

San Francisco is not part of Silicon Valley, just FYI.

SV is not some futuristic other worldly city compared to Orlando as one member implied, but it is also not a dirty human feces type of area as you both implied.
Are you referring to places like palo alto, Sunnyvale, milpitas etc?

Old 04-02-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Ohhhhh I was wondering where you went lol, haha good to know!
I wasn't really gone, just haven't posted much here because there's not a lot of action on the Orlando forum. Much if it is stuff I can't answer since I haven't lived here long.

Old 04-22-2018, 05:38 PM

15 posts, read 16,552 times
Silicon Valley? That's not so good as a new resident of Silicon Valley. I prefer Orlando keeps it as the Entertainment Capital of the World.
http://abc7.com/realestate/condemned-bay-area-home-sells-for-$12-million/3363934/

Old 04-22-2018, 05:52 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorisnita View Post
Silicon Valley? That's not so good as a new resident of Silicon Valley. I prefer Orlando keeps it as the Entertainment Capital of the World.
http://abc7.com/realestate/condemned-bay-area-home-sells-for-$12-million/3363934/
Land is valuable. Not surprising, considering the median home price sold in SF last quarter was $1.6M+ https://sf.curbed.com/2018/4/5/17201...e-average-2018

Old 06-05-2018, 11:16 AM

142 posts, read 272,415 times
Default Orlando the next Silicon Valley

Nah I think that distinction already goes to Huntsville Alabama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando