Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2008, 10:27 AM

3 posts, read 8,411 times

Advertisements

My husband's company has asked him to relocate to a location near the Crossroads Shopping Center. Please recommend a nearby area to start looking at for housing. We would rent at first. I would like to be in an area with good schools. Two kids, one will be in middle school and the other kindergarten. Looking for something in a mid-price range.

Thanks for any help.

DEC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 12:50 PM

986 posts, read 3,549,070 times
Default Hi there

Well that road continues up into the Windermere/Doctor Phillips area which are quite expensive, but i could certainly recommend some good areas around there. How far would the maximum commute time be? Also what size and price were you looking at both buying and renting in?

Old 03-27-2008, 07:58 PM

3 posts, read 8,411 times
Ideal commute time is 30 minutes or less. Looking for 3beds/2baths. Could get away with 2 beds if necessary. Rental price hoping to stay in the $1000 - $1500 range. For now even a condo/townhouse would be fine. Good schools is top priority.
Planning to visit the area in the next week to look around but wasn't sure of where to go. Co-workers suggested Winter Garden, Hunters Creek and Metrowest but I haven't read too many positives on here about them.

Thanks,
DEC

Old 03-27-2008, 08:17 PM

1,988 posts, read 7,145,925 times
Metrowest is the closest community from your list, but it is one of the worst areas in Orange County for crime; the area is really nice, but it is immediately adjacent to a bad area. With that range available for rent, you may be able to afford areas in Dr. Phillips or Bay Hill which another poster mentioned. You should also look at Celebration, Formosa Gardens... Winter Garden is a nice option as well and with the new Highway (429) your commute should be pretty quick.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:36 AM

Default hi there

Well i was about to recommend Winter Garden, i actually specialie in that area. If your going to be in town i would be happy to give you a tour of the area and show you some of the areas to avoind and areas i would highly recommend. There is plenty of choice and properties in your price range both in terms of renting and buying.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:06 AM

10 posts, read 37,842 times
Heading the opposite direction from Crossroads will take you into Osceola county, Kissimmee area. (As opposed to Metrowest, Dr Phillips, Bay Hill, etc)
The Hunters Creek area has some nice spots to it. You could look into that area as well as South Chase, Kissimmee & St Cloud.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:53 PM

Default hi

I would deffinatly visit Kissimmee and poinciana to see it, then run a mile. Most properties there are owned by investors who rent them out short term, so your neighbours would always be changing every week, also schools arnt of top quality and its slap bang in the middle of the neon lights of the tourist area. So busy, noisy and of course, where tourists are, crime tends to be higher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando