Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 08:09 AM

617 posts, read 832,564 times

Advertisements

4 Rivers is the best. Their burnt ends are delicious and the fried pickles with their housemade ranch are incredible! They also have the old fashioned soda bottles and a good selection of them at that.

It's become a chain with other locations popping up in Orlando and other parts of the southeast, but I think it's still a good local pick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 09:03 AM

490 posts, read 518,188 times
4Rivers has the best sides (corn, beans, collards, bread pudding) but the only meats that I like are the burnt ends. Pig Floyds is quite good. They would probably be my #1 right now but don't like their sauce.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:36 AM

17,166 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Speaking of burnt ends, I ordered those last time we went to 4Rivers for lunch... They were as salty as the Dead Sea and lacked the smoky flavor I like from a BBQ. Maybe it's just not for me.

Old 05-04-2018, 10:23 AM

27,205 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Speaking of burnt ends, I ordered those last time we went to 4Rivers for lunch... They were as salty as the Dead Sea and lacked the smoky flavor I like from a BBQ. Maybe it's just not for me.
I think it's for those who like everything oversalted, which seems to be a good chunk of the population given the popularity of chain restaurants who "season" similarly or the ready made stuff in grocery stores which has a day's worth of sodium in one serving.

Old 05-04-2018, 10:59 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,053,127 times
4R and Bubbalous are a toss up for me. 4R if I want something a sweeter, and Bubbalous if I want more smoke. I do prefer 4R sides though.

Old 05-04-2018, 11:31 AM

24,399 posts, read 26,946,756 times
I thought 4R was good, not amazing, but not bad either. However, we had it soon after moving to Orlando and one of the cities we stopped was Austin where the BBQ is nothing like anything I’ve had anywhere else in the world, so maybe I will try it again as it wasn’t good enough for me to revisit since moving here. I’ve had two great bbq from food trucks with snokers but i forgot their names.

Old 05-05-2018, 04:16 PM

167 posts, read 190,499 times
Have been to 4 rivers once and won't return, at least on my own accord. I had only been after hearing countless unsolicited rave reviews.
I thought I was lining up for space mountain on a summer day. Line wrapped around the outside of the building and out through the parking lot.
Finally got the food after probably 45 minutes of standing. While not necessarily gross it definitely was not 'good' everything was way too salty and way too bland and assembly line looking. Honestly seemed like a big corporate cafeteria chain type quality. Price point wasn't exceptional either. I don't understand the obsession. Doesnt seem to be an actual appreciation of good food but more like a hip thing to do to stick a 4R bumper sticker on the back of your rav4 next to your family,cat, and dog stick figure. Cant forget salt life in the middle of the rear glass.

Old 05-05-2018, 04:39 PM

27,205 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walmill View Post
Have been to 4 rivers once and won't return, at least on my own accord. I had only been after hearing countless unsolicited rave reviews.
I thought I was lining up for space mountain on a summer day. Line wrapped around the outside of the building and out through the parking lot.
Finally got the food after probably 45 minutes of standing. While not necessarily gross it definitely was not 'good' everything was way too salty and way too bland and assembly line looking. Honestly seemed like a big corporate cafeteria chain type quality. Price point wasn't exceptional either. I don't understand the obsession. Doesnt seem to be an actual appreciation of good food but more like a hip thing to do to stick a 4R bumper sticker on the back of your rav4 next to your family,cat, and dog stick figure. Cant forget salt life in the middle of the rear glass.
Spot on assessment in my opinion and given the feedback of a couple of others here perhaps gives an indication of unfamiliarity of what constitutes truly good barbecue if under the impression it's somehow "the best". The bumper sticker comment seals it as well!

Old 05-06-2018, 08:01 AM

578 posts, read 571,700 times
Does it depend upon location? I've noticed something with a lot of these new "chains" - the original location does it right, but the expansion locations never seem to quite get it.

Old 05-08-2018, 03:07 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,579,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudship View Post
What are some recommendations regarding the best BBQ joint in the Orlando area?
Really, that kind of depends on where you're moving from. If you're moving from Texas and looking for that taste (mainly brisket), I can tell you our favorite place (we lived in Houston for about 9 years). Check out Johnson's Barbecue in Plant City. That is the closest you'll get. If you don't want to go that far, my next choice would be Kenny's in Clermont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando