Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 03:47 PM

89 posts, read 80,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Dwight Howard doesn't play for Orlando. He owns a house in the area. As do quite a few celebrities.
As for "zoning," those "franchise-infested" areas are not in the residential parts of Dr. Philips. They are in the commercial/tourist areas.

By the way, every mid-sized suburb or a fairly large city is going to have a main commercial artery with stores and franchises.
The crappy franchise strip mall areas are still in Dr. Philips. Upscale areas do not have streets lined with tacky strip malls and cheap franchises with neon and plastic signs wheather they are located in a residential neighborhood or not. Again it's called zoning.
It is not a nice area. It is a crappy area.
Maybe Dwight really loves Disney alot.
Is that his only home? Or does he own property some place nice too?
As far as your "by the way" comment goes, lol not the mid-sized suburb that I come from! And not any of the mid sized suburbs in nice areas.
There are boutiques and resteraunts in the non residential areas that are zoned for businesses. No neon or plastic signs. Those types of things are not permitted in nice areas. The only exceptions ever made for franchises in nice areas are for banks, pharmacies, gas stations and stuff like that. Sometimes Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks. If people in those areas want to shop at home goods they go to the crappy towns with all the tacky strip malls and franchises to do it. Just like the Windermere people do. (And yes, tacky, strip mall infested, low end areas have million dollar homes too!)
There are plenty of nice areas in America and there are plenty of crappy areas.
If you think that is a nice area fine. I don't. I was not raised in a town with a super Walmart.
I think this area is crap. It's a place to vacation, enjoy the palm trees, buy cheap investment property then move on to some place nice.

We clearly come from different backgrounds so we have different opinions as to what we consider to be nice areas. It's perfectly fine for you to think that part of Florida is nice but I think it's tacky.
But you know how some one may love a particular song but another person thinks it sucks?
This is kind of like that. You can't convince me to like a song that I think sucks.
And you can't convince me that it's a great song because a basket ball player likes it.
So you can't convince me that Dr. Phillips doesn't suck.
We have a difference of opinion because we were raised differently.
So that's completely normal.
It's okay for you to have the opinions that you have and it's okay for me to have the opinions that I have.
Just like it's okay if we like different songs.
It's no big deal.
So stop trying to sell me that these are nice areas because you can't.
I'll never be convinced that they are.
But I think that it's very nice for you that you think that your area is so nice especially if you plan on growing old there. I'm happy for you that you are so pleased. I mean that sincerely.
Enjoy your strip malls and have a nice day.

Last edited by Summer Rose; 06-21-2018 at 04:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2018, 04:13 PM

16,826 posts, read 15,007,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Rose View Post
The crappy franchise strip mall areas are still in Dr. Philips. Upscale areas do not have streets lined with tacky strip malls and cheap franchises with neon and plastic signs wheather they are located in a residential neighborhood or not. Again it's called zoning.
It is not a nice area. It is a crappy area.
Maybe Dwight really loves Disney alot.
Is that his only home? Or does he own property some place nice too?
As far as your "by the way" comment goes, lol not the mid-sized suburb that I come from! And not any of the mid sized suburbs in nice areas.
There are boutiques and resteraunts in the non residential areas that are zoned for businesses. No neon or plastic signs. Those types of things are not permitted in nice areas. The only exceptions ever made for franchises in nice areas are for banks and pharmacies and stuff like that. Sometimes Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks. If people in those areas want to shop at home goods they go to the crappy towns with all the tacky strip malls and franchises to do it. Just like the Windermere people do. (And yes, tacky, strip mall infested, low end areas have million dollar homes too!)
There are plenty of nice areas in America and there are plenty of crappy areas.
If you think that is a nice area fine. I don't. I was not raised in a town with a super Walmart.
I think that this whole area is crap. It's a place to vacation, enjoy the palm trees, buy cheap investment property then move on to some place nice.

We clearly come from different backgrounds so we have different opinions as to what we consider to be nice areas. It's perfectly fine for you to think that part of Florida is nice but I think it's tacky.
But you know how some one may love a particular song but another person thinks it sucks?
This is kind of like that. You can't convince me to like a song that I think sucks.
And you can't convince me that it's a great song because a basket ball player likes it.
So you can't convince me that Dr. Phillips doesn't suck.
We have a difference of opinion because we were raised differently.
So that's completely normal.
It's okay for you to have the opinions that you have and it's okay for me to have the opinions that I have.
Just like it's okay if we like different songs.
It's no big deal.
So stop trying to sell me that these are nice areas because you can't.
I'll never be convinced that they are.
But I think that it's very nice for you that you think that your area is so nice especially if you plan on growing old there. I'm happy for you that you are so pleased. I mean that sincerely.
Enjoy your strip malls and have a nice day.
I don't live in Dr. Philips, nor would I. Your lazy attempts at assuming how I live are pathetic.

Old 06-21-2018, 04:30 PM

89 posts, read 80,787 times
Quote:
I don't live in Dr. Philips, nor would I. Your lazy attempts at assuming how I live are pathetic.
I don't care where you live. But if it's anywhere around here, it's tacky as eff.
But of course that is just my opinion.
Where ever you live I'm glad that you think it's super awesome and I hope that you live there happily ever after for the rest of your life. Enjoy your eye sores! Oops I mean tacky strip malls and franchises. Have a super great day!

Old 06-21-2018, 04:42 PM

330 posts, read 246,964 times
The people on here who make excuses for Orlando live in the luxury suburbs. They don't have to care.

Old 06-21-2018, 05:29 PM

I've actuall not been to Phillips. I thought it was high end but I guess I was wrong about that.

What kind of stores does it have? Ross, Family Dollar?

Old 06-21-2018, 06:03 PM

536 posts, read 846,311 times
So Dr Phillips is the new Kissimmee?

Old 06-21-2018, 06:18 PM

16,826 posts, read 15,007,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerharry View Post
so dr phillips is the new kissimmee?
lol. The ignorance in some of these posts is staggering.

Here is one of the main thoroughfares in the 5th wealthiest suburb/town in the entire country:
(a suburb of Dallas, with a Dallas zip code, much like Dr. Philips in Orlando)

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.8190...7i13312!8i6656

Old 06-21-2018, 07:36 PM

Summer Rose you go girl...everything you speak is the truth...never let them break you down.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:59 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,390,714 times
Quote:
Hmm... famous NBA stars, actors, etc... I guess dozens of millions per year limit people to crappy areas. LOL.

And here's a real estate lesson for you: lakeside INCREASES property value. Because, you know, people CARE about lakes.
Have you finished your GED yet?
Yep, that Grand Chateau D’Usse is a real dump, just like the rest of the homes on Rice Lake Loop!

Jeeeeezzz...

Old 06-22-2018, 08:16 AM

617 posts, read 824,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branal View Post
Summer Rose you go girl...everything you speak is the truth...never let them break you down.
Wow, this person is literally switching between accounts to troll. Amazing

Summer Rose - Sweetheart, you don't know the first thing about zoning and commercial areas. Clearly you don't think you're embarrassing yourself with your insane comments, but you are to anyone that uses logic and has a basic understanding of city planning, zoning, commercial vs. residential areas, real estate, etc. Just see yourself out of this thread and maybe start planning your move out of Orlando if you are this miserable in this "poor, trashy city."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando