Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 07:11 AM

4 posts, read 20,955 times

Advertisements

There is a new Whole Foods opening this spring and it would be like the ones in the East, not like the small in Winter Park. For hairdressers try the Salon Bubble and Cielo in Millenia and FL mall-they are the same chain and about $35 per cut.

For restaurants, the best are at Turkey Lane at the Restaurant Row. Try Timbano, Capitol Grill, Samba Room, Antonio's, Roy's, Bonefish, Amura sushi, Morton's, Seasons 52. I have to say that it is the only area in Orlando where you can trust the restaurant will be there for years and won't have closed, it has many local residents that will be able to afford these restaurants despite financial regional problems, not only tourists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 12:02 PM

640 posts, read 3,075,275 times
Whole Foods is planned for Turkey Lake Rd, which is not on the east side of Orlando, unfortunatley. It's closer to I-4 over on the west side... not near Lake Nona... but it's driveable.

Also, restaurant row is on Sand Lake Rd. There are tons of restaurants for sure! Don't forget Timpano Chophouse, great food!

Old 03-22-2008, 03:34 PM

27 posts, read 109,763 times
Hi All: I am in the process of moving to Lake Nona. Thanks to everybody who posted such a great information. I am moving from NY and I am excited about but scared at the same time. I know it's not going to be an easy process but I think is a good move for my 2 kids. Please does anyone know a good day care center in Lake Nona? Also, what about a good yoga center that teaches power yoga? How is the northlake elementary school? Thanks so much for any advice.

Old 03-22-2008, 04:41 PM

1,065 posts, read 4,146,388 times
I know there are several day cares in the area, unfortunately do not have any opinions of which are best. As for Power Yoga, there is a YMCA in the middle of Northlake Park (included membership for those that live in Northlake Park) that has Power Yoga classes.

All the schools for Lake Nona are A rated, and I have heard nothing but good things about them. Their high school is still under construction however. Check out School Accountability Report for school grades and stats

Lake Nona is one of my favorite area's with lots of potential.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:04 AM

27 posts, read 109,763 times
Smile daycare

Thank you so much for the information. Someone told me about a lady bird academy daycare center in Moss Park. Does anyone know anything about this daycare? My son goes to Tutor time here in NY. I looked online but it seems that the closest Tutor time to lake Nona is about 10 miles. I also looked at the reviews regarding the northlake elementary school. It appears to be a good school but they are having an issue with overcrowed classes, more than 30 children per class. Does anyone know if this is affecting the academics of the school? Thanks so much for any advice.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:13 PM

207 posts, read 926,202 times
The following is a very good daycare near Lake Nona:

Orlando, Florida, Educational Child Care, Day Care, Daycare, Preschool- Primrose Schools

Old 03-31-2008, 10:08 AM

93 posts, read 403,834 times
Lady Bird Academy just opened at Moss Park Road near Narcoossee Road. The new high school is going to be open in 2009 with only 9th, 10th, and 11th grade. It will be 10 buildings and will be adjacent to the Medical School, Burnham Institute and the biggest park with bike trails, etc. in Orlando.

Go to the Orange County Public School Site and look under the area for construction and you will be able to get all the new construction information and timeline for the new high school.

Oak Ridge is not the best HS right now but if it gets an "F" again this year, they will do as they have done previously - you get a school choice. My son attends Dr. Phillips by Universal Studios.

North Lake Park Elementary is only zoned for one section of Lake Nona and they opened a new elementary school at North Shore at Lake Hart called Moss Park Elementary.

This is from an article from a recent publication in the Orlando Sentinelarden veteran Doug Doran, who helped launch the company's Bahama Breeze and Seasons 52 restaurant chains, will serve as president of Group Four Restaurants, which will partner with Azzouz to launch restaurant and entertainment spots in MetroWest, Windermere and planned town centers in Lake Nona and Maitland.

Whole Foods is opening in a new work/village that is going up at Moss Park by the 417 Interchange they are opening.

So, your elementary school will be determined by which neighborhood in Lake Nona you move to.

If you need any info, etc., I am a transplanted NYer and I will be glad to offer you any info and help. You can email me at Pigsty333@aol.com

Last edited by Pigsty333; 03-31-2008 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: Added more information

Old 03-31-2008, 06:42 PM

207 posts, read 926,202 times
Is it really true that the Moss Park/Lake Nona area is getting a Whole Foods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigsty333 View Post
Lady Bird Academy just opened at Moss Park Road near Narcoossee Road. The new high school is going to be open in 2009 with only 9th, 10th, and 11th grade. It will be 10 buildings and will be adjacent to the Medical School, Burnham Institute and the biggest park with bike trails, etc. in Orlando.

Go to the Orange County Public School Site and look under the area for construction and you will be able to get all the new construction information and timeline for the new high school.

Oak Ridge is not the best HS right now but if it gets an "F" again this year, they will do as they have done previously - you get a school choice. My son attends Dr. Phillips by Universal Studios.

North Lake Park Elementary is only zoned for one section of Lake Nona and they opened a new elementary school at North Shore at Lake Hart called Moss Park Elementary.

This is from an article from a recent publication in the Orlando Sentinelarden veteran Doug Doran, who helped launch the company's Bahama Breeze and Seasons 52 restaurant chains, will serve as president of Group Four Restaurants, which will partner with Azzouz to launch restaurant and entertainment spots in MetroWest, Windermere and planned town centers in Lake Nona and Maitland.

Whole Foods is opening in a new work/village that is going up at Moss Park by the 417 Interchange they are opening.

So, your elementary school will be determined by which neighborhood in Lake Nona you move to.

If you need any info, etc., I am a transplanted NYer and I will be glad to offer you any info and help. You can email me at Pigsty333@aol.com

Old 04-15-2008, 06:41 AM

93 posts, read 403,834 times
It will be on Moss Park Road across from the Engle Homes lot with all the lights - Nona Park? The interchange for the 417 went to Hubbard Construction and they will start any day.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:42 AM

3 posts, read 15,133 times
I just read that the bombing range denotated chemical explosives way back when and that lake nona could have been affected by that and by the fact that they used the Bombing range as land fill to fill in the community. Any truth to that? Does anyone know if anything will be done to guarentee our safety. I love the community and just hate to move but I have a seven year old with medical issues already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando