Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 12:24 PM

330 posts, read 246,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Is Baldwin Park liberal? I really don’t get that vibe there...

For Winter Park, just visit any of the bars and lounges there and you’ll definitely see how t can be classified as liberal.
Why, do people wear blue hair and nose ring in those places?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 12:32 PM

330 posts, read 246,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I’d say Baldwin Park and Winter Park
He never mentioned needing a safe neighborhood, so lot more options than those two.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:45 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,915,131 times
There's plenty of ethnic diversity in most of Orlando and many of it's burbs I don't think you need to pay top dollar (unless you desire to) to live closer in (ie. Winter Park) if an overall accepting feeling is what you're going for.

Now if you're looking for a more purple hair granola liberal vibe then the only places that will come close to that are pockets of the city proper and like some mentioned WP near Rollins or even Full Sail.

Side note: I see people matching the typical and not so obvious liberal vibe all over CFL. So unless you need that in your face then you'll be fine alost anywhere and I'd go for more bang for my buck house wise.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:46 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,564,577 times
There are lots of nice neighborhoods immediately west of UCF on University Blvd. , however I would end that search before you get to the Goldenrod / Semoran areas.

Oh by the way the Orlando metro is liberal for the most part so I wouldn't worry about LGBTQ tolerance or issues.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:50 AM

26,866 posts, read 43,348,703 times
There's some obvious confusion between what is considered liberal as having purple hair, wearing nose rings and eating granola aren't leading indicators. Typically it's about more educated/enlightened areas where people aren't judgmental of others and tend to welcome diversity versus shunning it. There really aren't a lot of similar options most likely close to where the OP is from however places like Winter Park (cast aside most of the Park Avenue poseurs who most likely don't live there), College Park, Colonialtown, Thornton Park and Audubon Park come pretty close in most instances.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:32 AM

24,326 posts, read 26,725,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
There's some obvious confusion between what is considered liberal as having purple hair, wearing nose rings and eating granola aren't leading indicators. Typically it's about more educated/enlightened areas where people aren't judgmental of others and tend to welcome diversity versus shunning it. There really aren't a lot of similar options most likely close to where the OP is from however places like Winter Park (cast aside most of the Park Avenue poseurs who most likely don't live there), College Park, Colonialtown, Thornton Park and Audubon Park come pretty close in most instances.
Where people aren’t judgemental? LOL

Go to San Francisco and where a MAGA hat and see how non-judgemental people will be... you will probably get at least one person who will threaten you will violence. Likewise, wear something that says you’re pro-life or pro-nra, you’ll definitely get judged and most likely someone will try to publicly shame you.

Liberal in the context of the OP in my opinion is more about being accepted as a same sex couple and minority. Let’s face it, neither conservatives or liberals can be awarded the characteristic of being non-judgemental. It’s just what type of judgemental are you okay with. Basically the areas around downtown, college park, winter park, baldwin park, etc are quite accepting to the OP’s desires. Orlando has been ranked as one of the more gay friendly cities in the country.

Old 07-24-2018, 09:52 AM

995 posts, read 1,685,468 times
Quote:
Where people aren’t judgemental? LOL

Go to San Francisco and where a MAGA hat and see how non-judgemental people will be... you will probably get at least one person who will threaten you will violence. Likewise, wear something that says you’re pro-life or pro-nra, you’ll definitely get judged and most likely someone will try to publicly shame you.

Liberal in the context of the OP in my opinion is more about being accepted as a same sex couple and minority. Let’s face it, neither conservatives or liberals can be awarded the characteristic of being non-judgemental. It’s just what type of judgemental are you okay with. Basically the areas around downtown, college park, winter park, baldwin park, etc are quite accepting to the OP’s desires. Orlando has been ranked as one of the more gay friendly cities in the country.

Tried to rep you but couldn't. Kyle's definitions are very self serving.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:49 PM

617 posts, read 825,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr591 View Post
Tried to rep you but couldn't. Kyle's definitions are very self serving.
As they always are

Old 07-26-2018, 09:31 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,229,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branal View Post
Oh. That's disappointing. You'd think people with wealth would have more sense?
Nah, usually smart people become wealthy, and the likelihood of voting for trump was inversely related to education level

Old 07-26-2018, 09:32 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,229,715 times
Quote:
What do you think happens to all of those Hillary signs and supporters in CFL outside of the liberal areas?? You think you can where a gay pride rainbow shirt or DNC attire in the FL panhandle?? LMAO SF is ultra-liberal. CFL is moderate, skewed Trump in the last election though in many areas.

I bet if you wore a McCain/Romney hat, you would be fine in SF. Trump is a real asshat that is disliked by many on both sides of the spectrum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando