Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2018, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 634 times

Advertisements

I recently accepted a job at Lockheed Martin on Sand Lake Road and will be looking for apartments nearby. I have one roommate, and am looking to pay $650 - $780 each per month ($1300 - $1560 for the unit). I have ruled out pretty much anything north of Universal Blvd., and am mostly looking at the group of apartments surrounding Sea World - off of Westwood Blvd. Is that a good area to live in? How is traffic / crime?

The specific complexes I've looked at are Lantower Grande Pines, Sea Isle, the Courtney, and the District. Does anyone have experience with these specific complexes? My highest priorities are living in a safe area / secure neighborhood and spending no more than 30 minutes to get home at 5:00.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 12:25 AM

2,129 posts, read 4,508,237 times
The area is fine- I wouldn’t hesitate to live there. The only complex I’ve spent time in was The Courtney as one of my best friends lived there; the units are really nice, but the walls were a little thin (you could hear the person vacuuming upstairs), and parking can be very limited, at least where his unit was (main building w/leasing office).

Old 08-27-2018, 07:03 AM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Take a look at Urbana in Hunters Creek. It's brand new and about 10 miles from Lockheed Martin...around 20-25 minutes at rush hour. It would put you into a much less touristy area, which might be a nice option for day to day life, yet close to plenty of amenities like restaurants, grocery stores, etc

https://www.urbanaluxuryapts.com/Home.aspx

Old 08-29-2018, 07:42 AM

617 posts, read 832,097 times
In that price range you could also find something nice in the Dr. Phillips area, especially if you're fine with apartments/condos. It's a great, safe area and would keep you under 30 minutes to your job even during rush hour. You would have to fight through tourist areas during your commute, but that also means you're close to tons of dining and entertainment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: