Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2018, 08:50 AM

490 posts, read 516,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTownKnight View Post
Where? In Orlando? A city of 2.5 million people in the metro area? No human can date the entire dating scene in Orlando in only a few years. Plus people come and go all the time. There is always someone new, pretty much on a daily basis.
I should have better defined the region. A single guy in his middle 30’s will most likely live downtown or the tourist district. Those two areas have a lot of cross dating.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2018, 10:37 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
I have some very attractive female friends who would love to find the right person and settle down.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:45 AM

8 posts, read 13,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavenmer View Post
That's a good point. I tend to date white girls.

Anyway, how easy is it to get a 6 month rental(question for everyone)?

Looking at Lake Eola Heights and what not. Budget around $1250. I want to keep it low on purpose. Recommend me some areas anyone.
Lake Eola Heights, Thornton Park, and College Park are all good areas that are within your budget. I've found zillow to be the best site when searching for rentals in Orlando.

As far as the dating scenes in Orlando and Tampa.. they both tend to be very lustful and sort of have a hookup culture. This is coming from a mid 20s guy who has lived in south tampa and now baldwin park. Both metros are very transient. I've met girls from all over the country while living in these two cities.

Old 10-11-2018, 11:54 AM

17,136 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btfsu View Post
Lake Eola Heights, Thornton Park, and College Park are all good areas that are within your budget. I've found zillow to be the best site when searching for rentals in Orlando.

As far as the dating scenes in Orlando and Tampa.. they both tend to be very lustful and sort of have a hookup culture. This is coming from a mid 20s guy who has lived in south tampa and now baldwin park. Both metros are very transient. I've met girls from all over the country while living in these two cities.
Maybe with a roommate... Where in Thornton and Lake Eola Heights can one rent for that price?

Old 10-11-2018, 01:34 PM

8 posts, read 13,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Maybe with a roommate... Where in Thornton and Lake Eola Heights can one rent for that price?
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_ren...35_rect/14_zm/

Here's a few listings from the last month. I'm sure I could find more if I looked hard enough.

Old 10-11-2018, 02:37 PM

9 posts, read 34,382 times
Quote:
Good stuff and thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I have some very attractive female friends who would love to find the right person and settle down.
That's what I'm looking for.

Old 10-11-2018, 02:43 PM

17,136 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Color me surprised... I didn’t know about these.

Old 10-11-2018, 11:31 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,640,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logybogy View Post
You also could benefit from a candid self-assesment for why you are in the state you are in. Perhaps location may be a factor but attractiveness, personality, and wealth play major roles in meeting women. The outgoing guy that goes to the gym and stays in shape and makea good money shouldn't have any problems dating anywhere.

There's a lot to be said by being a strong alpha male type. It compensates for many deficiencies. Introverted types can suffer.

Have you tried online dating? I've had friends get married from okcupid for example.
I studied a huge amount of population statistics.

Hypothesis: If cohort of dateless guys without children listens to dating advice from the "alpha" male type, then dating success will happen.

Mathematial Contradiction: Even if all dateless guys from that cohort adopted major changes due to advice from "alpha" males, the mathematical limit is reached if the sheer size of the dateless cohort of single males far exceeds the number of single females without children.

The mathematical contradiction above exists in the FL Panhandle, Silicon Valley, Seattle, WA, Boulder, CO and Denver, CO. It also exists at mostly male colleges like Georgia Tech, Cal Tech, CU Boulder, etc. Denver is jokingly referred to as "Menver". The women at Georgia Tech or Alaska mock the gender ratio as "the odds are good but the goods are odd" - a lot of men get rejected in places where men far exceed women in population. This scene was filmed in Aspen, CO - a mostly male mountain town where a beautiful woman is generally already in a relationship. By contrast, the I-4 corridor gives much more potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

Silicon Valley has got to have one of the worst male/female ratios in the world. If you read those blogs, it's not uncommon for a social party to have a male/female ratio of 5 to 1 or even 10 to 1 (LOL). Those software guys should just build holograms as girlfriends like the one in "Blade Runner 2049" when working in Silicon Valley - LOL.
http://bladerunner.wikia.com/wiki/Joi

In summary, location with a favorable ratio of males to females is a major factor. The I-4 corridor is very large and generally gives a single guy in his 20s or 30s far more opportunities than small towns in the FL Panhandle which tend to have mostly single moms (and dads) in that age range.

Every time I ran a race like a half marathon or marathon in Central FL I could sense the strong dating potential. I almost moved there in 2017 but left North FL for Phoenix, AZ instead. I am glad I did now that Hurricane Michael hit that area.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:32 AM

9 posts, read 34,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_student200 View Post
I studied a huge amount of population statistics.

Hypothesis: If cohort of dateless guys without children listens to dating advice from the "alpha" male type, then dating success will happen.

Mathematial Contradiction: Even if all dateless guys from that cohort adopted major changes due to advice from "alpha" males, the mathematical limit is reached if the sheer size of the dateless cohort of single males far exceeds the number of single females without children.

The mathematical contradiction above exists in the FL Panhandle, Silicon Valley, Seattle, WA, Boulder, CO and Denver, CO. It also exists at mostly male colleges like Georgia Tech, Cal Tech, CU Boulder, etc. Denver is jokingly referred to as "Menver". The women at Georgia Tech or Alaska mock the gender ratio as "the odds are good but the goods are odd" - a lot of men get rejected in places where men far exceed women in population. This scene was filmed in Aspen, CO - a mostly male mountain town where a beautiful woman is generally already in a relationship. By contrast, the I-4 corridor gives much more potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

Silicon Valley has got to have one of the worst male/female ratios in the world. If you read those blogs, it's not uncommon for a social party to have a male/female ratio of 5 to 1 or even 10 to 1 (LOL). Those software guys should just build holograms as girlfriends like the one in "Blade Runner 2049" when working in Silicon Valley - LOL.
Joi | Off-world: The Blade Runner Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

In summary, location with a favorable ratio of males to females is a major factor. The I-4 corridor is very large and generally gives a single guy in his 20s or 30s far more opportunities than small towns in the FL Panhandle which tend to have mostly single moms (and dads) in that age range.

Every time I ran a race like a half marathon or marathon in Central FL I could sense the strong dating potential. I almost moved there in 2017 but left North FL for Phoenix, AZ instead. I am glad I did now that Hurricane Michael hit that area.
Enjoyed this writeup and this is why I am planning to move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando