Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2018, 01:31 PM

1 posts, read 954 times

Advertisements

We are from New Jersey. Considering to buy a home in Solivita to spend about 4 months (Jan-April) each year. We have a couple of questions before making the final decision. Can a current resident(s) advise us ?
(We haven't approached a real estae agent yet)

For a single family home (about 1500 sq ft) what will be the total HOA and/or Association dues per month?
Do the monthly dues cover any or all of these : Cable TV, Internet, Lawn maintenance.

Are there any other hidden fees (in addition to insurance and property tax) ?

Are the facilities, especially the swimming pools, overly crowded or is it fairly easy to go swim when you like?

Since we will not be there for a good 8 month period(May-Dec) do we need to have alarm system in place or is the area considered very safe?

Do people need to get Florida driver license if they live there just 4 months a year ?

Any information will be very much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2018, 05:44 AM

70 posts, read 100,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromNewJersey View Post
We are from New Jersey. Considering to buy a home in Solivita to spend about 4 months (Jan-April) each year. We have a couple of questions before making the final decision. Can a current resident(s) advise us ?
(We haven't approached a real estae agent yet)

For a single family home (about 1500 sq ft) what will be the total HOA and/or Association dues per month?
Do the monthly dues cover any or all of these : Cable TV, Internet, Lawn maintenance.

Are there any other hidden fees (in addition to insurance and property tax) ?

Are the facilities, especially the swimming pools, overly crowded or is it fairly easy to go swim when you like?

Since we will not be there for a good 8 month period(May-Dec) do we need to have alarm system in place or is the area considered very safe?

Do people need to get Florida driver license if they live there just 4 months a year ?

Any information will be very much appreciated.
Originally Posted by eric51 View Post
A lot of generalization here. A lot of innuendo. Not a lot of complete facts.

As to the law suit - it was filed by 3 people. Not a significant number in a community of over 4,000 homes. Is there healthy discussions over the purchase of the amenities - yes. Current CDD rates are set. There are serious negotiations on going with AV Homes. No one, and I repeat no one knows how this will finally shake out. And another omission to your comments - the plans are ready for a third amenities center along with a couple of other new facilities. The area of the third center is being developed right now were the final new builds are going. This was in the overall plans for the community all along.

Let's define "extremely depressed rates." Generalization - you're painting with a very broad brush. What constitutes extremely depressed - 5%, 10%, 20% 24% or more? We sold a year ago in CT at 2/3 of what we bought for. I would consider that extremely depressed. We purchased in Solivita 11 months ago. We purchased a 2+ year old resale. The previous owner made a profit. Checking the listings shows the vast majority of homes are selling at a profit, not "extremely depressed rates." There are some homes built before the crash of 08 - 09 that are not listed at what they originlly sold for. That is not unique to Solivita. That is across the country.

I will agree that there is not a great amount of commerce outside the gates. But there is a lot within 30 minutes or so. People know this so you are spreading a red herring.

Read more: //www.city-data.com/forum/orlan...#ixzz5XrzXHQc3

Old 06-21-2019, 07:15 AM

4 posts, read 6,996 times
We are selling our home in Clermont and looking at Solivita - I appreciate your fairness and wonder if you can share with y wife and I anything else to help us decide

Old 06-21-2019, 09:43 AM
LVB

12 posts, read 23,780 times
Just moved from NY. I looked at Solivita, very nice place. Did not like the surrounding area. I just bought at Trilogy. I believe amenities are all about the same. I just liked the area around Trilogy better and less congestion.

Either way, make sure you look around. There are many options up near Trilogy, check out the area.

Old 06-21-2019, 02:54 PM
aax

710 posts, read 497,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanlinbar View Post
Originally Posted by eric51 View Post

Let's define "extremely depressed rates." Generalization - you're painting with a very broad brush. What constitutes extremely depressed - 5%, 10%, 20% 24% or more? We sold a year ago in CT at 2/3 of what we bought for. I would consider that extremely depressed. We purchased in Solivita 11 months ago. We purchased a 2+ year old resale. The previous owner made a profit. Checking the listings shows the vast majority of homes are selling at a profit, not "extremely depressed rates."

[/url]
Except they never said this in their post. You put all this in. Stop putting stuff in that people didn't say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando