Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 12:16 AM

7 posts, read 37,822 times

Advertisements

Is the mall at mellinia area a good place to live? does anyone lived or lives in waldengreen apartments and can give me an advice on how safe it is to live there?
thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 08:22 AM

732 posts, read 4,147,238 times
To the east of it is Ghetto. I think west of I-4 is better.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:45 AM

986 posts, read 3,534,800 times
Default hi

yes sorry to be the bearer of bad news but i completely agree with the previous poster. I would avoinf that area. High crime and if you go even further east it gets even worse.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:54 AM

i need something close to the florida mall. what areas are better?

Old 04-06-2008, 09:52 AM

Exclamation Hi there

It depends, when you say close, how close do you mean, in terms of drive time. Do you also mean Florida Mall or Mall at Millenia. If you mean Florida Mall then the only other area i would suggest would be Hunters Creek, which has mixed reviews and even there i wouldnt feel comfortable living. If you mean Millenia Mall, there isnt anything really that is close that i could recommend to you in good conscience. Where are you located now? Do you have the ability to take a drive around those areas to see for yourself, because what we might say isnt a good area, you may feel is a good fit for you and you could put up with for such a short commute. also what is it you are looking for? Are you looking to buy or rent? a single family home or townhome/Condo?

One thing i would ask you to consider if you are talking about the Florida Mall is that this as im sure your aware is located on Orange Blossom trail. This area is a notoriously bad area, and whilst Hunters creek prior to Celebration being built was a fantastic area to live, as the whole area has developed it no longer has that distinction. You hear people who like it and havent had a problem, and you hear others who hate it. I have never personally lived there so i could only speculate on what i have heard and have seen when i have shown proeprties in the area, but in terms of single family homes, there are some very nice properties over there.

All of these are considerations on being able to recommend areas to you.

Would a 30 min drive be too far a commute for you for instance?

Old 04-06-2008, 04:56 PM

close it's anywhere between 15-25 minutes.not more than that.i'm looking to rent an apartment for a short period of time(6 months), till i get to know the area better myself and decide what is a good area. and i ment the florida mall. are sand lake's apartments safe? thank you

Old 04-06-2008, 05:58 PM

Default hi

In my experience unless you head west of I4 on Sandlake then the neighbourhoods arnt too great. I would suggest looking into Hunters creek as that really is the best of the rest

Old 04-20-2008, 07:30 PM

12 posts, read 31,206 times
I would stay west of I4 and south of Turkey Lake Road (in other words no Metro West). To the east of Millenia is bad bad bad.

There are some nice condo type units around sand lake and apopka vineland.

Right around Millenia there are a bunch of condo units but then you are so close to that Oakridge area I would stay away.

Also, stay away from Hunters Creek area. There are some nice pockets and neighborhoods, but overall the crime is on the rise there and you would want to check the demographics of where you want to live.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:33 PM

874 posts, read 3,671,349 times
I live in Hunter's Creek..been here for about 2mnths now and its very nice.

Old 04-27-2008, 02:52 PM

9 posts, read 33,568 times
There are some nice quiet areas on I-drive....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando