Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2019, 01:41 PM

2 posts, read 3,402 times

Advertisements

Communities 55+ seem to be a positive alternative for an active lifestyle while in retirement or not. Does anyone have insight on all 4 of the communities? I appreciate the comments on HH and KR earlier. Also, how safe is Clermont with the hurricanes? I have family living in Clermont and I may move there now that I am retired. Also, can anyone tell me of the quality of the VA medical care in Clermont and Orlando? I do know the ER at Lake Dora is pretty decent, but I can only speak for a general condition. Thanks for your feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 04:11 PM

419 posts, read 387,479 times
We've been in Clermont for 22 years, although we do not live in the 55+ communities. We built in an all-age community by one of the lakes.

My husband uses only VA medical care. The Clermont VA clinic is very small with only a couple of doctors. They will do bloodwork, but they are not a place for emergencies. For emergencies, specialized care, x-rays, and the pharmacy, you need to go to the new Lake Nona hospital, which is about a 50 minute drive from Clermont. Lake Baldwin Clinic, a 40 minute drive also on the other side of Orlando, is still functioning for things like x-rays and the pharmacy. VA healthcare works well enough for him with the only downside being the long drive to get to the Lake Nona hospital, but it's still a lot closer than when we had to go to the Tampa VA hospital. He gets prescriptions in the mail.

I know people in SG, KR, and HH, and will tell you what I've learned from them. All seem to be nice places with similar designs.

KR is probably the most economical with a resident-run HOA and slightly lower prices. It is the oldest but is not old by any means. KR has two golf courses, one an executive course. KR also has golf cart access to a shopping center that has a Publix supermarket as well as a few other places.

When we checked SG for a family member a few years ago, the HOA was a lot higher than KR. They have a golf course built on rolling hills. It might be considered just a tad more upscale.

HH is the newest of these three but has an expensive HOA. No golf course here. It's flatter and, in my opinion, not as attractive as KR or SG.

I haven't been to Trilogy but see it is a ways up north. The location is a bit out of the way, but you may like that. You'll likely find yourself in Leesburg as much as in Clermont if you go there.

As for hurricanes, we have had damage to our fence and pool screening over the years. Nothing major. I haven't seen major damage in the area but the last one downed lots of branches and some trees. Although anything can happen, I think Clermont is about as well situated as you can get in Florida for lesser impact from hurricanes.

I like Clermont a lot. It's pretty out here when you get off the major roads. There's plenty of shopping and restaurants and even more variety with a little driving. Healthcare has gotten really good, and many doctors and dentists are setting up shop here. For what we want, the location can't be beat.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:31 AM

109 posts, read 110,760 times
If you are considering Trilogy, you may also want to consider Royal Highlands on Rt. 27 in Leesburg.

It is managed by the same company as Summit Green, but lower fees and great amenities.

I live near Clermont and in terms of storms it is as safe as anywhere in Florida (certainly much safer
than the coastal areas).

Best of luck,
@movetoorlando

Old 03-03-2019, 01:12 PM

2 posts, read 2,823 times
We moved to Heritage Hills about 2 years ago. Our choices came down to HH or Trilogy. For amenities and overall property design, Trilogy was the clear winner for me. They have a restaurant on site, and the clubhouse is huge. But the house designs just didn't work for us. I love our house in HH, we have great neighbors and Clermont has everything you might need. My only concern is the traffic. In only two years I've seen a dramatic increase, and expect it to get even worse when the new subdivision (300+ homes) being built down the (two lane) road is completed.

Old 08-25-2019, 02:17 PM

2 posts, read 3,402 times
Thank you for your insights, very helpful!

Old 09-17-2019, 04:14 PM

55 posts, read 189,423 times
If you are considering Trilogy, you may want to be aware of a recent lawsuit resulting in a $4.1 million judgment against the Trilogy HOA According to the article, unless it is overturned on appeal or resolved via mediation, the residents could be facing a financial hit. No idea how it will turn out.
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...56i-story.html

Old 09-18-2019, 06:40 AM

12 posts, read 14,022 times
Ive sold in Heritage Hills and Kings Ridge, Heritage is newer and still not built out yet, they have a very nice club house/pool but because they are newer, I dont think you have the same community feel as in Kings Ridge, but your house will be newer and less immediate repairs or updates will be needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando