Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 06:20 AM

29 posts, read 23,732 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

Does anyone happen to know why we’ve been experiencing huge fireworks “displays” at ridiculous hours? I’ve been kept up since 6am with my poor dog shaking in the corner this morning, and a couple of weeks ago there were fireworks for more than half an hour at around 2-3am. These are not private fireworks being set off, but HUGE displays, like the Disney parks ones that happen nightly - just at odd hours and much, much longer than normal. Like for instance today I’m listening to/seeing them for going on an hour and a half. It’s maddening. These are be happening in the SOUTHWEST part of the city, presumably in the parks (but while they’re closed?!)

Any insight? I cannot find anything at all about this online. Is anyone else experiencing this or am I going crazy???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2019, 06:40 AM

26,825 posts, read 43,286,237 times
Disney has been known to do late night fireworks "testing" for new shows so perhaps that's what is going on. You might contact the Orange County Sheriffs Department and/or Orlando Police Department to see if others have complained. As a pet owner I get it and would recommend making your voice heard to whomever is behind it as I would bet they'd hate having it happen in their neighborhood...especially if said in a somewhat threatening manner. : )

Old 02-24-2019, 09:44 AM

I sort of figured that’s what might be going on. The first time we experienced it a couple of weeks ago we actually thought maybe there was some sort of crime/vandalism or accident occurring at Magic Kingdom (the most likely place it is happening based on the direction I was seeing the fireworks) because it caught us so off guard.

We expect the nightly fireworks, and prepare our dog’s environments with a VERY loud television and closed blinds. This has been working well for her. But these odd hour events are terrible and really set her back for days at a time. :-(

Old 02-24-2019, 10:19 AM

16,826 posts, read 14,983,203 times
Be happy you're not near the Ocala Forest, where they do bomb tests on occasion. Now THAT sucks.

Old 02-25-2019, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Be happy you're not near the Ocala Forest, where they do bomb tests on occasion. Now THAT sucks.
Ouch. 😬

Old 02-25-2019, 03:12 PM

3,932 posts, read 5,035,351 times
It's a bad situation, but it isn't ever going to change.

In all honesty, if you live in a Fireworks zone as Southwest Orange absolutely is, and your dog is not the kind of ever get accustomed to it- you're not doing him/her a service by keeping him/her there.

It -isn't- going to change. Ever.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:30 PM

37 posts, read 31,805 times
The only thing that annoys me about the fire work situation in Florida is that it has taken the magic away from 4th of July fireworks. Who cares about seeing fire works on the 4th of July when you can see them every other day of the year if you feel like it?

I guess if you really hate them you should move.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:34 PM

37 posts, read 31,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Like in Mary Poppins when the Captain shoots the cannon every evening? That's adorable. I've never heard that happen in Ocala but I think it would be fun.

Old 02-28-2019, 12:15 PM

143 posts, read 164,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeking_Sun View Post
Hey all,

Does anyone happen to know why we’ve been experiencing huge fireworks “displays” at ridiculous hours? I’ve been kept up since 6am with my poor dog shaking in the corner this morning, and a couple of weeks ago there were fireworks for more than half an hour at around 2-3am. These are not private fireworks being set off, but HUGE displays, like the Disney parks ones that happen nightly - just at odd hours and much, much longer than normal. Like for instance today I’m listening to/seeing them for going on an hour and a half. It’s maddening. These are be happening in the SOUTHWEST part of the city, presumably in the parks (but while they’re closed?!)

Any insight? I cannot find anything at all about this online. Is anyone else experiencing this or am I going crazy???
The Disney Princess Half Marathon was happening. This year they were shooting off fireworks near World Drive as course entertainment.

Old 03-03-2019, 07:45 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,387,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Teal View Post
Like in Mary Poppins when the Captain shoots the cannon every evening? That's adorable. I've never heard that happen in Ocala but I think it would be fun.
It’s only for a couple of days a year. It was I think 4 -5 days in February this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando