Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should I move (or not) out of Fl or the US entirely?
Stay in Florida, Invest in property, live in it, sell it later and then move? 0 0%
Move out of Florida to another state, buy a property and save to buy property overseas after? 1 25.00%
Move out of the US, start anew in another country (EI Germany) not buy a property? 3 75.00%
Move out of the US, start anew in another country but first purchase a property here as investment? 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 11:08 AM

482 posts, read 419,275 times

Advertisements

Move to China. Discover how much of a blessing it is to be an American. Enjoy wallowing in overseas filth for a spell, then come home and BE an American.

You really are reason #45156 why people dislike Millennials and zoomers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2020, 11:09 AM

482 posts, read 419,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aax View Post
I'd go. Just throw everything in the station wagon and head out on the heighway. When gas and money runs out, you'll know you've found the right place.
You are my spirit animal.

Old 04-01-2020, 12:07 PM

17,182 posts, read 15,382,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathon Hills View Post
Move to China. Discover how much of a blessing it is to be an American. Enjoy wallowing in overseas filth for a spell, then come home and BE an American.

You really are reason #45156 why people dislike Millennials and zoomers.
Why China though?
There are plenty of other great countries, with QoL comparative to the US, and in a few cases, higher overall.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:12 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,748,545 times
Another planet may be the best answer right now.

Sorry. I had to go there. #COVID-19

Old 04-02-2020, 12:50 PM

47 posts, read 59,578 times
Kansas. Missouri. Texas. Good luck.

Old 04-03-2020, 09:13 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Much of Europe is very difficult to immigrate to due strict EU parameters. However non-EU countries exist that have more relaxed requirements. Check out Albania, Liechtenstein, Montenegro and San Marino.

Old 05-25-2020, 05:51 AM

11 posts, read 7,215 times
Immigration is very difficult, especially neither you and your boyfriend have citizenship in an EU nation. if one of you has a parent or grandparent who were born in Europe, that might be a path, depending on the country of origin ( Italy is relatively generous that way, as I understand it.)

From there, one will be a citizen, the other married to one, so it is fairly easy at that point ( much easier than a marriage green card here), but you'll need to learn a second language in most cases (for your own citizenship, but also just to have a better quality of life), unless you already to or are going to Ireland.

PS My wife is a Dutch citizen and I'm learning Dutch, so we could move to The Netherlands ( or really any EU country) fairly easily. We looked all over the world for the best place for us to live and are planning to move to Orlando after the pandemic ends, because it is actually a very hard place to beat. Obviously you may have different criteria for an ideal city, but I figured that was worth mentioning.

Old 05-26-2020, 04:11 PM

12,164 posts, read 8,010,150 times
As someone with family (A lot of family..) in Portugal around the Oporto and Lisbon areas, living in Europe is a lot different than living here. You really have to visit it first.

Old 05-26-2020, 04:15 PM

12,164 posts, read 8,010,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nj0rd View Post

PS My wife is a Dutch citizen and I'm learning Dutch, so we could move to The Netherlands ( or really any EU country) fairly easily. We looked all over the world for the best place for us to live and are planning to move to Orlando after the pandemic ends, because it is actually a very hard place to beat. Obviously you may have different criteria for an ideal city, but I figured that was worth mentioning.
I dont know about that there. Orlando is probably one of the worst cities to live in (Low Wages, High COL relative to wages, Lack of affordable housing, crime, lack of good white collar jobs, weather, urban sprawl, etc).

https://mobilityexchange.mercer.com/...iving-rankings It doesnt even make it on Mercer.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:06 AM

7,342 posts, read 4,131,451 times
In Europe, you'll need to pay for health insurance.

In Italy, you'll need private insurance for five years before being able to purchase state health insurance. Italy is in a recession with high unemployment so it wouldn't work anyway.

You'll need to be fluent in the language of your host country.

You'll have to pay US income taxes and your host country's income taxes - sometimes you'll only have to pay US taxes, but figure it out before you go.

Look into smaller US cities first, Austin or San Antonio, Texas, Richmond, VA, Washington DC, Hoboken, NJ, Williamsburg, VA, Boston, MA before going overseas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando