Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 05:58 PM

986 posts, read 3,549,070 times

Advertisements

Actually Pianogirl your right, thats something else i read about alot on here. CFL schools are sooooo bad. We have a 7yr old daughter and we are extremely happy with the schooling she recieves, and our friends who have older children are also happy with their education. Im actually from the UK originally and a product of private schooling in one of the top 6 private schools in the UK, my wife is originally from Tennasee and graduated a year ahead of her year. We both know what a good education is and we are both happy. Just like everywhere there are good and bad schools, and im a firm believer, that as parents it is our duty and our responsibility to find the best schools possible for our children, and there are plenty of them here. Pianogirl obviously found them aswell. Congrats to your kids Pianogirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogal View Post
Yeah, the schools here are terrible....that's why my son and his friends, who all attended public schools here, graduated from the local universities....Rollins, Stetson and UCF and now have starting salaries - working in Orlando - of 60K plus benefits right out of school. My son had 4 job offers on the table from Melbourne, 2 in Orlando and 1 in Baltimore.
These schools must really be awful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 06:59 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,209,634 times
Thanks, CfIFan. It's funny just after posting this, I clicked on the Sentinel online and read that Central Florida produced a 'slew of winners' in the prestigious National Merit Scholarship program. The first round of winners have been announced.... they are:

Michael Chambers, a Cocoa home schooler; Wenxuan Hu, Lake Mary High; Robert Perreault, Winter Park High; Michael Batista, Melbourne Central Catholic; Anthony Bosman, Forest Lake Academy; Kevin Fuhr, Cypress Creek High; Olivia Gerlt, Circle Christian School; Courtney Mann, Timber Creek High; and Kimberly Reyes, Timber Creek High.

Also: Phillip Su, Cypress Creek High; Rafiya Javed, Seminole High; Stephanie Misencik, Lake Howell High; Chi Zhang, Seminole High; Breanna Anderson, a Palm Bay home schooler; Paul Draper, Palm Bay High; Ryan Whittingham, Titusville High; and Alissa Tabirian, Trinity Preparatory School.

Interesting mix.....they include 2 homeschoolers, 4 from private schools, 4 from Seminole County High Schools and 5 from Orange County High Schools. Wait....that can't be...not Orange County Schools?!?!?!

Old 04-17-2008, 07:05 PM

Default Wow

I think you must be mistaken Pianogirl. Dont you know anything. Orange County has terrible schools....lol If people believe everything some of the people post on here they wouldnt leave their homes or send their children to any of the schools accept Seminole counties...lol Thats a great article to post. If i were you i would start a new thread with that so people interested in info on schools can read it.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:29 PM

765 posts, read 2,637,323 times
I think it all depends on the school. both my daughter and son go to great schools here. My daughter goes to Winter Springs High, which is a great school.

Old 04-19-2008, 05:36 PM

37 posts, read 152,951 times
There are some really really really shady areas of Orlando (Pine Hills) for example. But there are ok areas too. It just depends on what you consider bad, everyone is different. The schools are not good for special education children in Orange and Osceola, Seminole county is the place to be for schooling. But really all in total Orlando is a HUGE city, look at San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City.. you can't tell me it's all peaches and cream there. I know it's not.. I almost lived in L.A thank god I didn't.

Old 04-20-2008, 04:01 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
25 years ago, Pine Hills was a nice middle class neighborhood in Orlando. Ditto with a lot of the areas along SOBT.

I don't know how it changed so quickly.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:20 AM

46 posts, read 141,860 times
When I speak with people here in the northeast they always tell me "don't go to Florida..they don't pay squat down there".. While in the meantime they are working 2 jobs and "rent" someones 1970 mildew basement or back yard shack.. hehe it's a little funny. -my blue collar world

Old 04-26-2008, 10:50 AM

Default lol

I wouldnt believe everything you hear....;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando