Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2019, 08:39 AM

144 posts, read 186,591 times

Advertisements

Hello. Will be staying in the Marriott World Center area and would like to travel to Narcossee Road/Cyrils Drive area. The quickest way would be to take Florida Route 417....but that is a toll road. I don't mind paying tolls.....but I do not have a Sun Pass. Will all of the tolls be manned to take cash? Also, will be getting off in the Lake Nona area....can I pay cash in that area? The reason I ask is that I recently took a brief drive on a toll Road in Florida that was unmanned. I did take the envelope and mailed a check for 75 cents when I returned home. Would like to avoid having to do that.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2019, 08:45 AM

17,155 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Are you renting a car? If so, just go through the tolls. The rental company will get a bill in the mail within a month for all tolls incurred, along with a small fee ($2.50 I believe) and they will in turn charge your card.
A lot of places are doing away with manned tolls, and doing "Toll-by-plate" for non-pass holders. You get billed in the mail. That's all.

Or just stop at a Publix, or any major rest area, and buy a $5 SunPass. Load it and go.

Old 10-23-2019, 08:48 AM

Will be driving my own car. Oh......thanks for the heads up on the Sun Pass purchase. I always see that when I stop at the rest stop at the top of Florida (right over the Georgia Line). So, how does that work? Do I purchase it and hook it up to a credit card?

Old 10-23-2019, 09:19 AM

17,155 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderwomanNot View Post
Will be driving my own car. Oh......thanks for the heads up on the Sun Pass purchase. I always see that when I stop at the rest stop at the top of Florida (right over the Georgia Line). So, how does that work? Do I purchase it and hook it up to a credit card?
Yes, you can hook it up to a credit card. Or just load cash onto it. I think you can do that wherever you purchase it. I know you can do it online, as well as at places like Amscot.

Old 10-23-2019, 10:43 AM

Thank you very much!

Old 10-23-2019, 11:20 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,429,872 times
For those who drive the east coast mostly there is a new pass called e-pass extra https://www.cfxway.com/e-pass-xtra/ that will cover 18 states and all roads in Florida. You do, however, have to either get it by going online and have it mailed to you or by visiting in person in Orlando.

Old 10-24-2019, 05:16 PM

648 posts, read 517,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
For those who drive the east coast mostly there is a new pass called e-pass extra https://www.cfxway.com/e-pass-xtra/ that will cover 18 states and all roads in Florida. You do, however, have to either get it by going online and have it mailed to you or by visiting in person in Orlando.
Thanks NorthofHere. I use EZ Pass up here in Jersey. I wonder if I can just “turn” mine into one of these extra jobs by calling the EZ Pass people?

(After actually looking at the link...) Should have read the FAQs before posting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: