Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2020, 05:58 PM
aax

710 posts, read 497,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Anyways, thanks, I feel like expressing my feelings here is really helping with making my thinking more clear as funny as that sounds... online strangers.
We are hear to provide guidance. All we ask is that you let us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2020, 07:55 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,748,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ycastane View Post
Perhaps you're trying to be funny, i'm not sure. I just didn't get the joke!! Perhaps you need a massage so you can relax and not judge others on their opinions as well.

My comments is about perspective, as bmw stated. When it comes to property prices, insurance, traffic, etc MIAMI is the worst in the state, but it goes back to desirability, demand, etc etc.

It is the same thing that is happening to other major cities in the state, tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville. As they become more desirable due to the quality of life or weather or affordability of home ownership, work or all of the above, the become more expensive and crowded with time.

Just the nature of the beast!
Sometimes a smiley or an lol lightens up the mood. :-)

If you told someone that you couldn't afford a $500 Dell computer, how would you feel if someone told you that it's nothing compared to the Mac Pro? Could you all of a sudden go and buy the $500 Dell simply because the Mac Pro ranges from $6,000 to $35,000? Now revisit my comment about the $200,000 Orlando house verses the $350,000 equivalent in SFL. :-)

And yes, I learned about supply and demand in 12th grade economics...

I enjoy living here. I've even been called an Orlando fanboy on this forum in the past. It's amazing how this city has evolved over the last decade and I am excited about what's next. However, it is possible to enjoy where one lives and acknowledge the challenges at the same time. That is oftentimes missed on this forum and a lot in today's political climate.

I also find it interesting that especially in regard to affordability and the "you just don't know what it's like in major cities" comments, almost no one ever brings up Houston (possible future #3 city and current #5 metro), Dallas (current #4 metro) and to some extent Atlanta. They are just as much "major city" as the others outside of unicorns NYC, LA, and Chicago. Oh yeah. Maybe it's because these cities, especially the Texas ones, seem to have a pretty good match between income levels and housing costs. And you can't even pull the "but they have a state income tax" card with Texas, because they don't have one.

Maybe we should fantasize about Orlando and Tampa becoming more like Dallas or Houston in regard to some of what they have to offer rather than the constant San Fransisco, New York City, etc. comparisons. It pains me to say that, because some Texas transplants can be just as annoying as the "well, back up North" people. :-)

Old 01-16-2020, 08:24 PM

24,403 posts, read 26,946,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aax View Post
We are hear to provide guidance. All we ask is that you let us.
You’re making me fall in love with you tee hee!

Old 01-16-2020, 08:30 PM

17,166 posts, read 15,373,458 times
The Dell and Mac Pro sums it best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando