Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 01:02 AM

16 posts, read 10,319 times

Advertisements

I think Clermont would be nice .Got the things a family needs stores restaurants hospital nice clean area about 35 mins from Disney also you might be ok in a townhouse in winter garden just a thought. Also from Clermont your not far from a nice outside mall and another hospital in winter garden .. Get a realtor to help you out .down here best of luck I feel this is a nice safe area for a family
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2020, 05:28 AM

648 posts, read 517,320 times
I agree Clermont is nice. A good place to look if it meets your needs.

Old 04-10-2020, 12:34 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,101,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by you_keep_me_safe View Post
Hi. I have no idea am I on the right topic. But I am planning to come to Florida (Orlando) with my family. Husband and I are 32 years old and we have two small kids (3 and 5 years old). We have one friend in Orlando, but he is there only 2,3 months, so he can't help me about all my questions.
Here in Europe my husband has 6 restaurants some of them are with domestic food and some of them are fast foods. I would like to know is a small restaurant or a fast food or a catering a good idea for Orlando? He is an international chef and he doesn't want to work for others. He wants to open his own restaurant, fast food, pizza bar etc.
Second question is about me.
I am dipl.ecc Hospitality and my work experience is more than a good. I also speak Spanish language. But I also know to design a web sites, to create a web sites, to work with PS and AI and my hobby is a furniture restoration. And actually I started to sell some of my furniture, and it was better than I expected. Yes, all these jobs are opposite one another, but that's me.
So, the queation is which job could be the best solution in Orlando for me? The money would be a priority because all of those thing I love to do.
And my last queation is about kids. How much is a kindergarten for two kids?
Sorry if I made some grammar mistakes (which I did 1000%)
If you aren't US citizens, you cannot just move here.

You must invest a minimum of $1,000,000 in a restaurant that will create ten or more jobs.

If one of you is a citizen, the working spouse will still need a working Visa.

Good luck!

Old 04-10-2020, 04:07 PM

3 posts, read 3,063 times
Thanks for your answers. If we have a green card can we open a restaurant with those papers, and if we can't than is it possible to talk with my friend and to ask him if can open a restaurant like it is his own?

Old 04-10-2020, 06:40 PM

2,580 posts, read 3,747,649 times
Starting with a good truck likely a good, cheaper, and lower risk way to start.

Old 04-11-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by you_keep_me_safe View Post
Thanks for your answers. If we have a green card can we open a restaurant with those papers, and if we can't than is it possible to talk with my friend and to ask him if can open a restaurant like it is his own?
No. You cannot work in the US if you are not a US Citizen without a specific VISA, Greencard, or Work Authorization Card which are difficult at best to get.

You cannot get paid without a Social Security Number and cannot get a SSN without the above.

You cannot just open a restaurant in someone else's name. That's a good way for your family to get deported for life and for your friend to face VERY heavy fines and jail time. Also, people will turn you in for this.

There is a Visa Lottery that happens every year that I would urge you to enter. Every year 50,000 citizens of other country are given visas that allow them to bring in their immediate family.

Go to the Homeland Security homepage.

Old 04-11-2020, 04:12 PM

3,262 posts, read 4,999,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
No. You cannot work in the US if you are not a US Citizen without a specific VISA, Greencard, or Work Authorization Card which are difficult at best to get.

You cannot get paid without a Social Security Number and cannot get a SSN without the above.

You cannot just open a restaurant in someone else's name. That's a good way for your family to get deported for life and for your friend to face VERY heavy fines and jail time. Also, people will turn you in for this.

There is a Visa Lottery that happens every year that I would urge you to enter. Every year 50,000 citizens of other country are given visas that allow them to bring in their immediate family.

Go to the Homeland Security homepage.
The post you quoted said they have a green card.

Old 04-12-2020, 10:08 AM

490 posts, read 517,926 times
Where is the job that one of the adults will be driving to? That's the most important question.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellShoneMoon View Post
The post you quoted said they have a green card.
Reread it. It says, "If we have a greencard".

Old 04-16-2020, 06:26 PM

161 posts, read 127,976 times
You might want to check out the Mount Dora area just north of Orlando. It is a quaint town with possibilities considering the skills you have. The pandemic has really screwed things up around here, but that will pass. There are good private and public school in this area. There is a large Farmer's market and Flea Market where you could sell furniture. It is closed now due to the virus. Check it out . https://renningers.net/mt-dora/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando