Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2020, 10:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,064 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I’m a single mother looking to relocate to Florida I’ve been working with a real estate agent looking for homes. So far he’s sent a lot of homes in the Clermont area. One of the home has peeked my interest. Any info regarding that city/area? Looking for for a safe environment for me and my 12 year old son. What about good schools in that area? I plan to take a trip down once all this virus stuff calms down. Looking for a change coming from Detroit. Please help!!! Tips... advice anything will help me!

Kind Regards!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2020, 06:02 AM

648 posts, read 517,015 times
Clermont is a very nice area. I can't speak to the schools, but it's considered safe. There's a lot of growth going on in Clermont, so that can be good (more shopping amenities and stuff like that - although all of the everyday needs are well met already) if you're looking for a growing area. Good access to hospitals. Easy access to major roadways into Orlando. A nice choice.

Old 04-20-2020, 04:14 PM

482 posts, read 418,788 times
Where will you be working? Do you have a job here yet?

You better or you'll regret the move....

Old 04-20-2020, 04:17 PM

3,262 posts, read 4,997,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathon Hills View Post
Where will you be working? Do you have a job here yet?

You better or you'll regret the move....
That's true. Thousands of Disney employees have been furloughed and are out of work. This whole area is going to be in some trouble until Disney is back up and running again, which doesn't appear to be happening any time soon.

Old 04-21-2020, 07:42 AM

109 posts, read 110,734 times
Clermont is a nice suburban area, with plenty of wide open spaces, rolling hills, and
very safe. (Note that more people are finding Clermont and new neighborhoods are
popping up everywhere. You might check with city hall about future plans before
buying a home. For example, I moved to another town in the area many years ago
and the forest behind my house became a 4 lane highway a few years later. Realtor
had lied to us saying it was a "protected" area and could "never" be built on. Do your
own research.)

That said, Clermont is quite a distance from Orlando, and with traffic it can be a rough
commute every day. I would suggest first deciding where you would be working before
deciding on an area of Central Florida to buy in.

Clermont is a great area in that if offers the suburban lifestyle- shopping, plenty of
restaurants, etc., but also has a lot of old farms and outdoor activties. The town has
a quaint "winery" that always has activities and is located in "Lake" County, known for
many lakes and outdoor activities. The town also has a cute little downtown area that
is like Mayberry, with antique shops and restaurants and a weekly farmers market (and
monthly "Wine Walks")

Best of luck and stay safe.
@movetoorlando

Old 04-21-2020, 04:38 PM

506 posts, read 514,830 times
Before moving to Clermont, Google "Wellness Way Sector Plan" then decide if the town is still what you desire.

Old 04-22-2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckRebel View Post
Before moving to Clermont, Google "Wellness Way Sector Plan" then decide if the town is still what you desire.
RR, I’m not sure I get the implication here. I looked at this link but I’m not sure I found anything of great concern. Maybe I missed something?

Old 04-22-2020, 05:31 PM

506 posts, read 514,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyp22 View Post
RR, I’m not sure I get the implication here. I looked at this link but I’m not sure I found anything of great concern. Maybe I missed something?
If its not a concern to you, than thats good. proceed and move to the area.

For me however, it was. I moved out of Clermont a little more than 3 years ago because of the changes it will bring.

i just thought it would be good to know that it is coming if you are planning to move there, because it will fundamentally change the city.

Old 04-22-2020, 07:16 PM

Well, yes, I see that there’s a plan for growth. Was that the issue? Or the particular way the growth is planned?

Old 04-22-2020, 07:26 PM

187 posts, read 226,612 times
I’m new to the Orlando area but am I missing where all these stores and restaurants are in Clermont? No offense but it looked desolate to me. Just many communities and Louisa state park and a Publix. Very pretty communities though, I was surprised at the mature growth and hills. But I would not say it had a lot of stores and things? Well especially not compared to Dr. Phillips or Winter Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando