Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 03:07 PM

648 posts, read 517,762 times

Advertisements

I recommend using the realtor.com site when you look at houses in these areas. They recently added a “Noise” feature to their Map widget. It shows by color a relative sort of sense of the overall level of noise, and broken down by Traffic, Airport, and Local. It’s not perfect, but it’s at least a relative guide.

One thing I will caution, however. Their definition of Low Noise may not match yours. Use it as a guide, but check for yourself once you’ve narrowed down to desirable areas. Check in person - boots on the ground - especially during morning and evening rush hours (if anyone will be resident in the house during those periods), and the weekends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2020, 04:11 PM

491 posts, read 518,925 times
South Dr. Phillips.

Old 06-10-2020, 06:55 PM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OysterCatcher View Post
I like the idea of upscale/affluent, well-kept areas, close to conveniences such as good restaurants and shopping. This draws me to the Dr. Phillips /Windermere area for relocation. What gives me pause and consideration of places in Lake County such as Clermont or Mount Dora is I'm looking to get away from crowds, traffic and the fast paced lifestyle. Wish you could have both.

Well depends on who you talk to... none of my friends would say Dr. Phillips is a fast paced lifestyle. Neither would I. One of my friends who visited me from San Francisco said my neighborhood seems like where Nancy Pelosi would live to give you an idea. Oh and also, living in Dr. Phillips, you don't have to deal with traffic because almost everything is right there.

If you think it is fast paced then focus around Windermere (downtown Windermere), there you are very close to everything as well, but in a super laid back charm village Floridian atmosphere if that makes any sense lol.

As far as realtor websites... I like redfin.com, I find their website and app is the most modern and updated.

Old 06-11-2020, 05:11 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firmbizzle View Post
South Dr. Phillips.
That's a new one. Dr Phillips is like two miles by two miles in size..

Old 06-11-2020, 06:44 AM

901 posts, read 2,248,897 times
All sounds good!

Old 06-11-2020, 07:59 AM

24,407 posts, read 26,956,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
That's a new one. Dr Phillips is like two miles by two miles in size..
South Dr. Phillips refers to the neighborhoods along South Apopka Vineland Road... South of the intersection with Sand Lake Road. It goes down to the new communities of Phillips Grove and Estates at Parkside. If you don’t know the area, why comment lol.

Old 06-12-2020, 06:53 PM

187 posts, read 226,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabuda1 View Post
That is within 30 minutes MAX to Disney, nice neighborhood where my kids can bike around safely without worrying about weirdos etc., good middle/high school where there isn’t a ton of issues, and going to the grocery store isn’t a 15-20 minute drive, plenty of other kids/families where my kids will be able to make friends easily that live in same area..where would you suggest? I’ve looked in Clermont, Winter Garden, Windermere etc..but it’s so hard to tell what exactly each place is like just looking on Redfin. Also they’re clearly trying to sell the house so they’re not going to say the negatives associated with the area. TIA
I absolutely loved Laureate Park in Lake Nona. People and kids were out and about. It is 30 mins to Disney. Houses are very cute, lots of shopping and medical centers are minutes away.

Gotha has highly ranked schools. But I don't think it's as overall pretty as Laureate Park or as many people out and about.

Last edited by Abirdinahand; 06-12-2020 at 07:02 PM..

Old 06-12-2020, 07:24 PM

648 posts, read 517,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abirdinahand View Post
I absolutely loved Laureate Park in Lake Nona. People and kids were out and about. It is 30 mins to Disney. Houses are very cute, lots of shopping and medical centers are minutes away.

Gotha has highly ranked schools. But I don't think it's as overall pretty as Laureate Park or as many people out and about.
How was the airplane noise from MCO?

Old 06-12-2020, 11:08 PM

294 posts, read 542,738 times
You all give such great insight..I’m gonna check out a few of these areas!

Old 06-21-2020, 03:09 PM

3 posts, read 2,907 times
Any comments from the Randall park/Lake Nona area regarding the airport noise, landfill and power plant concerns? Thx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando