Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2020, 12:29 PM

34 posts, read 21,540 times

Advertisements

Hey,

Anyone that has lived in Tampa I am considering moving to Orlando and wanted to know what the nightlife scene is. I have a business so I am just curious if there is something going on every night maybe like Wednesday to Sunday. I am mostly looking for a couple of good dancing clubs/bars, something with drink specials so i don't go broke and people with age ranges from 20-45. I am coming from South Tampa Or SoHO part and if anyone has experience that vibe is mostly a 18-24 year old crowd which i have no problem with but I feel I would like more of a mix instead of one big college scene. I am trying to live about 5-10 minutes from the downtown also what recommendations would you guys have for bars/clubs to go to and which nights?

Thank you for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2020, 03:12 PM

27,231 posts, read 43,984,073 times
It won't make much sense to chat about this right now and would revisit the topic in a few months given at least some of the options likely won't be around anymore after several months of being shuttered.

Old 04-17-2020, 03:22 PM

313 posts, read 218,788 times
Live in South Eola/Thornton Park.
Avoid bars/clubs on Orange North of Pine and Central West of Magnolia.

Aside from avoiding the above, there are TONS of options. Start exploring, and see where you fit in. It's much livelier than Downtown Tampa.

Although I agree with Kyle that it doesn't make much sense to discuss this now, as things may look different in a few months.

Old 04-17-2020, 03:32 PM

ok thank you for what happened before as I am trying to see if I should consider this my next move based on what it was like before the virus.

Old 04-17-2020, 09:37 PM

482 posts, read 420,248 times
You wanna move....because of the club scene? And you're 31?

Oooooook......

Old 04-17-2020, 10:10 PM

22 posts, read 13,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathon Hills View Post
You wanna move....because of the club scene? And you're 31?

Oooooook......
What’s wrong with that? I clubbed until I was 33. There’s nothing wrong with it and some people enjoy clubbing into their later years. For me, I’ve settled so it doesn’t interest me anymore.

Old 04-17-2020, 10:18 PM

ya of course, I really don't have any interest in getting married or having kids soon so what else would I have to look forward too.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:46 AM

27,231 posts, read 43,984,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy1988 View Post
Hey,

Anyone that has lived in Tampa I am considering moving to Orlando and wanted to know what the nightlife scene is. I have a business so I am just curious if there is something going on every night maybe like Wednesday to Sunday. I am mostly looking for a couple of good dancing clubs/bars, something with drink specials so i don't go broke and people with age ranges from 20-45. I am coming from South Tampa Or SoHO part and if anyone has experience that vibe is mostly a 18-24 year old crowd which i have no problem with but I feel I would like more of a mix instead of one big college scene. I am trying to live about 5-10 minutes from the downtown also what recommendations would you guys have for bars/clubs to go to and which nights?

Thank you for any help!
In rereading your post I do think you need to consider you're not going to find much of a "club scene" outside of Friday and Saturday night. Between the two Saturday is the more likely mix of ages not just 18-24, given "older" folks (25-40) are more likely working full time and by Friday find a nice happy hour more appealing. There will be things going on either Wednesday or Thursday but again tend toward happy hour or 9-11pm type stuff that won't be dance club oriented. Think trivia nights or drink specials to drum up business. In other words if you're making the move based on a better nightlife scene I would guess it's more of an even trade. Tampa alone (not counting St Pete) is 25%-30% larger than Orlando, so you can try to sell yourself on some odd reason why Orlando is more of a party town but otherwise would give this some rational thought. To find what you're looking for requires cities in Florida like Miami or Fort Lauderdale....or other proven options like NYC, LA, Chicago, New Orleans or even Austin.

Old 04-18-2020, 11:04 AM

313 posts, read 218,788 times
The above post is wildly inaccurate. Coming from a 33 year old that lives in Thornton Park, I must say, it couldn’t be anymore false, and is definitely indicative of someone with little to no knowledge of the young professional workforce in the downtown area.

Old 04-18-2020, 12:19 PM

Thank you, ya I am trying to see the advice from people ages 21-45 and know the best spots and go out on the regular. The places I did see that looked good was the patio, cowboys(free beer Saturday) , and club eve. I am guessing there is probably things to do like for instance in Miami they have black bird ordinary on Tuesday and have a ladies night which was good, also Tampa has Hyde park cafe on Tuesday’s (younger though). What places/ nights would you guys recommend? And nothing against younger people it’s just when it’s basically college freshman and sophomores like 95% is what I am trying to avoid. This would also help me not feel so old lol but I still love dancing etc Thanks for the help everyone!

Last edited by flguy1988; 04-18-2020 at 12:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando