Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 12:50 PM

2 posts, read 8,994 times

Advertisements

My new "office" will be on E. Vine. I've searched some nice rental houses within 6 - 10 miles but have no idea about the neighborhoods. Can anyone tell me what to avoid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 01:05 PM

1,988 posts, read 7,145,925 times
Kissimmee as a whole is known to be a lower income area and not as nice as other areas in Central Florida. You can find nicer areas closer to Pleasant Hill Road, Wyndham Lakes, Celebration, or Hunters Creek. The closer to 192 the worse as a general rule as that is a highly trafficked tourist driven area. It is not the worst part of town, but I would not suggest a move there. I would consider some of the other areas around it to be better. You may also want to look into Formosa Gardens or Davenport on the other side of I-4, but I am not sure about commute times.

Old 05-07-2008, 05:24 PM

1,594 posts, read 5,281,032 times
If you are working on East Vine then I would suggest looking into rentals on Neptune Road and Kings Highway. It is a very nice part of town, however, they are widening the road right now and its a little crazy but when its done its going to be amazing. Also, Remington is a nice gated community in that area. Look into the 34744 area code and you should find some pretty nice rentals around $1000 and up a month...the commute would only be a few minutes from this zip. Also, most of area code of 34746 is nice as well.

Kissimmee is getting a bad rap but there are still some really nice communities. I've lived here for 25+ years so let me know if you have any specific questions.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:23 PM

986 posts, read 3,549,070 times
Kissimmee has a bad reputation for a reason. Just check out the crime stats. If you choose a location too close to 192 you will have alot of problems. Where there are tourists with alot of cash, there is crime. This coupled with the fact most of the area is zoned short term rental so there arnt any particularly good schools, and the neighbours constantly change. This to me is a security risk. Kissimmee is great for investors who dont intend on living there full time.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:21 AM

482 posts, read 2,417,695 times
I work in law enforcement and Osceola County has no worse crime problem than any other area and I actually think because it is smaller than Orlando/Orange County, law enforcement is more on top of the problems so don't let these posters scare you. I do live in Remington which is gated and has a guard at nights and that does provide an added layer of security which I like for my family. No matter where you go, there is crime and most of it is taking place between folks who are buying and selling drugs, this is never reported through when there is a shooting.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:25 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,145,925 times
I don't think anyone is saying it is THAT bad. It is just the areas immediately adjacent to 192 that have more crime. Some of the neighborhoods are dumpy looking, but then there are some nice ones as well.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:37 AM

986 posts, read 3,549,070 times
There is alot of police presence in and around 192, but you cannot deny it is there for a reason. As Wishire said there are alot of areas close to 192 which look like dumps. I had clients come down and looked in Poinciana and they were there for less that 24hrs and hated it. Its a matter of personal preference. There are pockets of areas which have crime, OBT being another one of those areas, and im afraid Kissimmee is another area that has crime. Ive just looked at the city data stats and it shows that the police are doing their jobs because the index shows over the last few years crime as a whole going down. But if you compare Kissimmee to other areas where they may have petty theft which brings the index up, Kissimmee has worse types of crime. For Example just taking Clermont as a comparrison, their index is pretty comparable to Kissimmee, but the types of crimes are very different . Im not saying all of Kissimmee is bad, but im afraid i wouldnt choose to live in a high portion of it. Thats just my personal preference and if people are interested in certain areas, they should visit and stay in those areas to judge for themselves whether it is a good fit for them and their families

Last edited by cfIfan; 05-08-2008 at 07:45 AM..

Old 05-22-2008, 01:24 PM

2 posts, read 8,994 times
Default Thanks For The Replys

I understand any area could have crime. I've had some tome to look and learn and my office is very nice, in an office complex out towards the turnpike..(about 2.5 mi before)

WE DID FIND A LOVELY APARTMENT COMPLEX!. We found Rapallo Apartments, out by BJs and the "Loop". It's brand new, gated, just beautiful.
Thanks for all your help, I do appreciate the posts.

Dr. Bill Conklin

Old 05-22-2008, 04:18 PM

104 posts, read 417,497 times
That area by Hunter's Creek will be fine. If they are the apartments right next to BJ's, they were under construction when I moved away, so they will be brand new. That is probably one of the better area of Osceola County to live, though you're almost in Orange County/Orlando anyways. You are not only close to the turnpike, but only 2 miles from 417, which connects quickly to I-4, or you can pick up I-4 further west on Osceola Parkway, or from 192. You also won't be too far from 192, should you feel the need to go to a restaurant or something down there. You're also not too far from I-Drive, not that many locals go down there very often, other than to go to a restaurant. BTW, try and avoid Poinciana.....too far from where your office will be, not a nice area, and not very close to shopping.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:35 PM

95 posts, read 351,306 times
Hi A2Mich,
do you knows why apartmentrating dot com have every cities in/around orlando listed EXCEPT for Hunters Creek ? I am also currently looking in that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando