Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2021, 07:56 PM

4 posts, read 15,915 times

Advertisements

Hi all want to keep this as brief as possible. Relocating to Florida from out of state. Will be working around Orlando but not in one location, the bulk of the work will be around where the parks are but generally it can be anywhere around Orlando.

I have family in Melbourne but that commute is a little too long for my liking (I will do up to an hour for the perfect house, but would like to be 30-45 mins) I would like to be within an hour of my family. I’m looking for SAFE and more of a rural feel. I have friends in St. Cloud and I really liked that area a lot. I am not familiar with Florida at all and I need some help

I would like No Hoa and at least .25-.3 of an acre or more. the top of my budget would be in the low to mid 300s but I’m much more comfortable in the 200s . I’m looking for at least 3 bedrooms 1500 sqft+

LOOKING FOR SAFE AREAS THAT ARENT ON TOP OF ONE ANOTHER

Thank you
CHARLIE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2021, 10:51 AM

2,939 posts, read 4,122,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csalumn View Post

I would like No Hoa and at least .25-.3 of an acre or more. the top of my budget would be in the low to mid 300s but I’m much more comfortable in the 200s . I’m looking for at least 3 bedrooms 1500 sqft+

LOOKING FOR SAFE AREAS THAT ARENT ON TOP OF ONE ANOTHER

Thank you
CHARLIE
Good luck with that wish list.

You might try the Narcoossee area but the traffic between there and the parks is going to suck - especially if the NIMBYs get their way there - complaining about traffic but then also complaining about new roads. Also, keep in mind that Osceola County has an Urban Growth Boundary so parts of the county are semi-rural or rural now but they won't be that way forever. The minimum lot size outside of the UGB is 5 acres.

Lake Nona area would be the ideal location between the parks and Melbourne but you're not going to find the lot size you want there.

You could also look into places like Bithlo and Wedgefield in Orange County. Large lot, rural enclaves. Pretty far from the parks.

If you like St. Cloud, I'd suck it up and go with the smaller lot sizes in a place like Kindred or Tohoqua if you want something new. If you don't mind an older home you'll get your quarter acre in old St. Cloud.

Old 04-08-2021, 11:50 AM

Yes I don’t mind something older that’s fine. I just figure the area and the plot of land is the most important. I can actually go down in size as long as I have some room. I was planning on sticking with St. Cloud but the market is so tight right now I was trying to explore other areas.

If I wanted to venture further away from Melbourne do you have any recommendations?

Old 04-08-2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Yes I don’t mind something older that’s fine. I just figure the area and the plot of land is the most important. I can actually go down in size as long as I have some room. I was planning on sticking with St. Cloud but the market is so tight right now I was trying to explore other areas.

If I wanted to venture further away from Melbourne do you have any recommendations?
I see some around St. Cloud in the high 200s and low to mid 300s. It's doable.

To me, the kind of house on the lot size you're looking for seems more like Seminole Co. - something like this in Longwood https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6...47734372_zpid/

- Not a great drive to the Parks during peak times but probably about an hour from Disney off peak and about 40 minutes from Universal.

West Orange/Ocoee area might be worth sniffing around. Gets you a lot closer to work. I still think being close to the Turnpike in St. Cloud is your best bet both pricewise and for being close to work and to Melbourne.

Old 04-08-2021, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive carephilly View Post
I see some around St. Cloud in the high 200s and low to mid 300s. It's doable.

To me, the kind of house on the lot size you're looking for seems more like Seminole Co. - something like this in Longwood https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6...47734372_zpid/

- Not a great drive to the Parks during peak times but probably about an hour from Disney off peak and about 40 minutes from Universal.

West Orange/Ocoee area might be worth sniffing around. Gets you a lot closer to work. I still think being close to the Turnpike in St. Cloud is your best bet both pricewise and for being close to work and to Melbourne.

That house in longwood is perfect except I need a garage lol. I did forget to mention that part but that seems like it’s in a very nice area. The amount of land is perfect and the house is perfect. If o can find something similar. I would be good to go. With the lack of inventory is very difficult to find anything

Old 04-09-2021, 07:43 AM

If I wanted to cut down on lot size but still wanted a rural location any recommendation?

Old 04-09-2021, 09:35 AM

5,424 posts, read 3,482,156 times
Quote:
That house in longwood is perfect except I need a garage lol. I did forget to mention that part but that seems like it’s in a very nice area. The amount of land is perfect and the house is perfect. If o can find something similar. I would be good to go. With the lack of inventory is very difficult to find anything
According to the zillow link, that house has a 2 car garage.

Old 04-09-2021, 09:47 AM

Quote:
That house does have a garage - the garage door is in one of the photos. It's just a side loaded garage. Side and rear loaded garages are not uncommon in pricier neighborhoods. Besides, if you like a house, you shouldn't let that sort of thing stop you. Especially if the house is a bargain. A garage is a cheap addition.

Anyway, smaller lot and rural? Those things don't really go together. Usually, if you're on well and septic you need at least a half acre. Any Ag/rural zoning in Orange or Osceola counties is going to be a minimum lot size of 2.5 acres.

Water and water quality is important around here. The algae blooms you hear about in the news are fueled by nutrient loading from ag but mostly from the hundreds of thousands of septic systems in the state. Most urban counties don't allow new ones unless you're on a large lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando