Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 05:37 AM

14,967 posts, read 9,794,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmbizzle View Post
Don't ever call yourself a small government conservative. Context.
I can call myself what I am... a observational critical thinker, not some one who apes CNN talking points. Government is supposed to serve people not restrict people or as most progressive dems want, to control people.

Disney isn't gonna leave because they have to pay the same tax rate as everyone else. When government roots out special privilege's, makes the playing field even, calls out CA liberal corporates progressives trying to undermine parental authority, then that government is doing it's job.

Old 05-04-2022, 05:53 AM

17,285 posts, read 22,006,628 times
Disney leaves..........they put out a "Silver Alert" for Mickey Mouse and change the lyrics to the song:

M I C K E Y, M I S S I N G
Hey there, Hi there, Ho there. You're as missing as can be!

Old 05-04-2022, 06:38 AM

490 posts, read 517,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
I can call myself what I am... a observational critical thinker, not some one who apes CNN talking points. Government is supposed to serve people not restrict people or as most progressive dems want, to control people.

Disney isn't gonna leave because they have to pay the same tax rate as everyone else. When government roots out special privilege's, makes the playing field even, calls out CA liberal corporates progressives trying to undermine parental authority, then that government is doing it's job.
Yet you parrot all the talking points. BTW, I don't watch CNN. I only watch live sports on tv.

Government didn't "root out special privileges" in the Villages or Daytona 500. Just admit that you believe it is the government's role to penalize private entities that disagree with it.

Old 05-04-2022, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Yet you parrot all the talking points. BTW, I don't watch CNN. I only watch live sports on tv.

Government didn't "root out special privileges" in the Villages or Daytona 500. Just admit that you believe it is the government's role to penalize private entities that disagree with it.
Lol... you should admit you're a liar and promote lies that you hear and make up.

It's easy to make a argument for eliminating special districts ANYWHERE based on good governance alone, not to mention the potential tax benefits to local communities. The left always screams about paying fair share... right? Corporate welfare is going away. The current law that passed is for only for special districts before 1968. It's true the optics are not the best, but the message has been sent. Corporate America and their collective wokism is being put on notice. Go out of your lane and the gloves come off.

All other special districts are under review.

• Hamilton County Development Authority

• East Point Water and Sewer District (Franklin County)

• Bradford County Development Authority

• Sunshine Drainage District (Broward County)

Counties can do their own special districts as well and do it all the time. I'm against all forms of corporate welfare, no matter what it's called. However I am about cooperation between government and business, but there must be lines of demarcation... Disney crossed it.

Utilities must walk a fine line because of government oversight (rate approval).

PS... At one point there was 250 special districts in Florida.

Last edited by Dave_n_Tenn; 05-04-2022 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: PS

Old 05-04-2022, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Lol... you should admit you're a liar and promote lies that you hear and make up.

It's easy to make a argument for eliminating special districts ANYWHERE based on good governance alone, not to mention the potential tax benefits to local communities. The left always screams about paying fair share... right? Corporate welfare is going away. The current law that passed is for only for special districts before 1968. It's true the optics are not the best, but the message has been sent. Corporate America and their collective wokism is being put on notice. Go out of your lane and the gloves come off.

All other special districts are under review.

• Hamilton County Development Authority

• East Point Water and Sewer District (Franklin County)

• Bradford County Development Authority

• Sunshine Drainage District (Broward County)

Counties can do their own special districts as well and do it all the time. I'm against all forms of corporate welfare, no matter what it's called. However I am about cooperation between government and business, but there must be lines of demarcation... Disney crossed it.

Utilities must walk a fine line because of government oversight (rate approval).

PS... At one point there was 250 special districts in Florida.
Hitting all the talking points today.

Old 05-04-2022, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Hitting all the talking points today.
They're not JUST talking points if they're true and are re-presented to counter the lies by you and the left. Everything I posted is accurate regarding Disney (not) leaving Florida and the reasons in CONTEXT. Fact lives matter. Your lies don't matter.

Old 05-04-2022, 09:27 AM

Quote:
They're not JUST talking points if they're true and are re-presented to counter the lies by you and the left. Everything I posted is accurate regarding Disney (not) leaving Florida and the reasons in CONTEXT. Fact lives matter. Your lies don't matter.
Yeah, they just happen to be word for word the same as the talking heads and folks on FB. Owning the libs, definitely not a sheep.

Old 05-04-2022, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Yeah, they just happen to be word for word the same as the talking heads and folks on FB. Owning the libs, definitely not a sheep.
Perhaps they're plagiarizing me? Get off face book and read.

Old 05-04-2022, 11:51 AM

44,348 posts, read 20,049,980 times
Thread closed, pending review by assigned moderator.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando