Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 04:19 PM

541 posts, read 1,995,115 times

Advertisements

I think downtown Kissimmee is cute. I love the library, the train station and the area down by the water. Some of those homes are pretty old and I have seen them getting bought up and fixed up. I bet it will be more expensive vacation homes in a few years. My DH hated Hollywood and Santa Monica and though they were totally trashy. There are bums all over Santa Monica with little cardboard homes! Rich right next to poor. And I still love CA! Have you seen the area right outside of Mount Dora? It is a dump.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:16 PM

485 posts, read 1,703,826 times
We have been in Mt. Dora for a week now and really love it. Yes, we have driven all over and I certainly wouldn't call the area outside of town a "dump" (remember I come from Los Angeles) but it isn't as nice as the downtown area. I guess we are lucky that we live a mile from downtown, but I do like all of Lake County in general.

I would recommend living in Mt. Dora to anyone who is considering a move - my only complaint: there is no place to get a good cup of coffee after 9pm!! I guess I am still a LA girl at heart! LOL

Old 06-06-2008, 10:13 AM

5 posts, read 22,971 times
Mount Dora has good and not so good areas, just like every town, including Kissimmee.

Hope you're enjoy it here!

Blessings,
Nank712

Old 06-07-2008, 06:01 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times
I have to laugh at the OP since you can go into any small town in America and see teens rolling a joint? Come on!

Old 06-09-2008, 04:23 PM

41 posts, read 215,608 times
Default st.cloud kiss. down hill

i am 43,lived in st.cloud,kiss. all my life.growing up was great,knew eveyone if you went to town and passed a car better wave cause you prob. know them.i got out xmas of 06.made a mint.i just could not live there anymore,tooooo many people,tooo expensive and i dont speak spanish,ya'll want it.ok have it.im good here in n.c.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:22 PM

41 posts, read 219,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I have to laugh at the OP since you can go into any small town in America and see teens rolling a joint? Come on!
That's what I was thinking!

Old 06-09-2008, 11:54 PM

485 posts, read 1,703,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicie View Post
That's what I was thinking!
Laugh all you want, I still and will always think it is as sad as hell!!! I guess you won't be laughing when it is your kids, huh? It was sad that they were so desperate to get whatever drugs they were doing into their systems that they didn't care that they were in public and everyone could see them. ICK.

And I was making a point that I have lived in much bigger cities and have never seen this type of thing- a few nights in Kissimmee and that is what I got to experience. I just thought it was very ironic.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:50 AM

20 posts, read 171,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsystar View Post
Laugh all you want, I still and will always think it is as sad as hell!!! I guess you won't be laughing when it is your kids, huh? It was sad that they were so desperate to get whatever drugs they were doing into their systems that they didn't care that they were in public and everyone could see them. ICK.

And I was making a point that I have lived in much bigger cities and have never seen this type of thing- a few nights in Kissimmee and that is what I got to experience. I just thought it was very ironic.

Please .. your blind if you didnt think pot was all around you in L.A

You need to realize [mod]comment[/mod[that it's not like they were doin coke out there .. it was a joint... pot.. herb.. weed... not meth, coke heroin

SPEAKING of shock treatment ... if you think your shocked about this little pot thing ... wait till you get to really know florida and the LOVE for Cocaine they have here

Last edited by Keeper; 06-10-2008 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: don't make this personal

Old 08-03-2008, 09:18 PM

26 posts, read 118,846 times
It's funny how different folk's opinions of the same place can be. I've lived in Florida for 33 years and don't know anyone who "loves cocaine." I suppose all my friends and family could be snorting it behind my back, but I doubt it.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:03 PM

12 posts, read 64,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsystar View Post
So, my husband and I finally made the plunge and moved from Los Angeles to Central Florida this week. Although we are moving into an apt. in Mount Dora tomorrow, we have been staying in a hotel in the Kissimmee tourist trap area on Irlo Bronson Hwy due to cheaper hotel rates. Although I love Florida and have been excited about this move for a long time, I can't say that I am totally impressed - maybe it is because of the area we are staying in??

We went to the Super Walmart in Kissimmee (on Irlo Bronson) tonight and I saw something that I have never seen in public, even after living in Miami for 4 years and L.A. for 4 years. When my husband and I parked, we saw two kids at a car next to us very obviously doing some sort of drug or something. They were standing out beside their car, trying to hide behind an open car door, and were rolling something in white paper, probably pot, and nervously looking around them. When they saw us looking at them, they opened their trunk and tried to hide behind that. Although they were nervous, it didn't stop them from making their drug deal or whatever. SCARY and SAD!

I am far from sheltered after living in other major cities, but I was absolutely shocked to see how blatantly obvious these kids were about their drug use - right out in public for all to see!! Obviously, I am not too impressed with Orlando now and so far it has made L.A. look good in comparison.

We have been all around the Mount Dora area and really fell in love with it. Thankfully, we will be moving there because I don't think I would want to live any closer to Orlando.

Central Florida as a whole is a beautiful place to be, but I certainly would NOT recommend that newcomers relocate to the Kissimmee area!!
I don't want to be a insensitive , but isn't LA the Gang-Bang capital of the world??....that stuff happens where you least expect it. Plus, it was at a Wal-Mart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando