Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 06:56 PM

2 posts, read 4,679 times

Advertisements

The man that said it was like the gaza strip is more right then wrong.The guy saying he's wrong must live there and is in denial.You can think of Metro West as a nice prison in a way.Instead of barb wire fences like a prison that keeps the inmates in.It's the oposite.The community of Metro West is surrounded mainly by black crime.You basically have the 4 areas that are around MW and they are all high crime,drugs,murder,rape,robberies,carjackings,assa ults,areas.My sister just moved to MW from another city and because her ex-husband said its nice just to get her back,she went there.I tell her its 100% not nice and don't live there.She's been there 2 months now.She mentioned in an email yesterday that out her back door across the street she can see there's a police sub station.This goes back to what i told her that its' NOT NICE.I worked that area for 8 years as a PO and saw the Walmart being built back in like 1999-2000.That man commenting about the changes the Walmart caused is all true,beleive him and me because its the truth.You get the people that have lived in a Neighborhood such as MW and they are simply afraid to pick up and move maybe changing jobs,so they stay.Maybe the crime doesn't affect them directly.The people are not always going to say like the man said that the area simply "Blows"period.If you can't take a walk at night like like the 2 men a couple of months ago did just north of MW in Crime Hills area(Pine Hills)and were jumped,robbered and one man shot and killed.Also a police sub-station means it because it wasn't always there and that at some point there was a reason to have one built because of the high crime.I would have seen or known that police station was there the first day i looked at an apartment or whatever around there,but i already know now.Then this family wants to know where they can live and is MW OK to live to be 15-20 minutes from Disney World.Well Orange county is pretty much "not nice" anywhere.The west is all blacks,the east and south are major Peurto Rican areas bringing their crimes to the mix.I guess that guy is right that maybe Clermont or a small town near it in Lake County is their best bet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 07:46 PM

2 posts, read 4,679 times
I'd bet "westpointe" is older then 50 and a secure man that likes the Florida weather.I also bet he's out of touch with the real world.It is an upper-end community being MW.The roads like Hiawassee go right thru MW and on up across Old Winter Garden Rd and then you offically enter "Crime Hills"(Pine Hills).I was so depressed having to work those areas all day,we had are police copters overhead like all day looking for bad guys,police with sirens on up and down Hiawassee rd or Pine Hills rd or Silver Star rd or ST RD 50 Colonial ,SWAT taking a door down and really ugly crime and drugs.There is white crime but its mainly the black brothers in west orange county.I've even heard take a baby once that was in the back seat from its mother and carjack at gun point and later dropped the baby off to continue in a stolen car and cutting thru MW to get to Turkey Lake Rd.Unless they could block off all entrances and exits into MW even then why would you want to live there?Or the crime at the Walmart on Kirkman Rd say 1mile from your nice house.It's a shame but its real.Can you walk down Hiawassee Rd in MW at night?Well your not too smart because the hardcore thugs will beat you bloody and take your wallet and then shot you just like last week.If your a woman jogging your going to get raped.So if thats "nice" then go for it.You will notice how people that likely live or sell real estate in MW claim its nice and safe and try to put all the crime out front of entrance-exits on Kirkman rd or whatever.This perception of denial sold to you.I'd break the arm of a realtor that lied to me to make a buck at the expensive of me or my family later having ones wife raped or child assaulted or car stolen or be subjected to a violent home invasion that takes my loved ones life away.I've noticed comments that say more then once how the crime might be out on Kirkman rd or Old Winter Rd etc.but its not really not in Metro West,thats BS.How about my next post i go back and find the crime stats for that square area and you tell me how many rapes,assaults,car jacking occurred within 1-4 miles of most homes in there.It is a misconception that MW or take it in south orange county(Orlando)the Hunters Creek community is nice,looks nice driving thru,nice newer stuff.It's again people saying that the crime is at the borders but not directly in the community.The busy John Young Parkway and 417 area.Lets take "The Parks"apartments.They look nice if you just got off a plane.But,they are mostly Puerto Rican infested apartments.I lived there only because a church donated after a hurricane for 9 months,i was hating life.I'd take a ride to the Kissimmee area,north of some to the Walmart actually in BVLcommunity area.It's like going to San Juan.They have the car's with the PR flag on mirror.They are without manners,the stupid car muzzler that buzzes going down the road.The store is full of Ricans,the guys have 3 pairs of pants on and they are falling down because Ricans don't wear a belt because they think its cool to drag butt and have pants on the ground.Now my trip to the store is then to Walmart being exposed to just "Ugly"people i'd say 70% of them are disturbing and mean.So buy into what you want.There is no 1 mile or 5 mile buffer even around the edges of Metro West to say 'oh there's a bad neighborhood 5 miles this way or that way" because the crime is right there at Metrowest borders and into its core center also,so the crimes right there,not across town,but its right there as you exit the community,and its inside also because its not a gated community and most of it anyway is open to the thugs that can drive up to your door.I've heard of people in the community being robbed because they left they garage doors open, i guess so much for all the crimes just around the exterior borders and beyond of MW???

Old 08-14-2011, 10:55 PM

2,129 posts, read 4,510,428 times
I don't know why I'm bothering to reply, but using race as a scare tactic is so ignorant and hateful. Not to mention you're making MetroWest sound like the worst parts of the Bronx... which it is a far cry from. It's not the best place to live, but it's not a ghetto either.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:08 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,529,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j in florida View Post
Nothing happened to Metrowest, it just happens to be across Kirkman Road from one of the biggest crime areas in all of Orlando. MetroWest has grown considerably since you left, a lot of it upper end, so more opportunity for the criminals.
Yeah, even back in 1998 it was a bad animal. A "gated community" surrounded by bad areas equals recipe for crime big time.

Even back in the 90's there was a lot of crime but it was just kept more secretive due to property value etc. There were home invasions, rapes etc.
Never would consider M.W.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:19 AM

1,294 posts, read 3,254,120 times
There was a push 3-4 years ago to rename MW because it started become a bad, crime ridden place in the eyes of many ppl. Not sure if it ever officially changed (at least with the City). But I do know that Mayor didn't like the bad press MW was getting and they doubled/tripled the police presence in the area. I had heard that it did take a chunk out of the crime rise there. I do not know if it lasted.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:41 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,053,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford2112 View Post
The man that said it was like the gaza strip is more right then wrong.The guy saying he's wrong must live there and is in denial.You can think of Metro West as a nice prison in a way.Instead of barb wire fences like a prison that keeps the inmates in.It's the oposite.The community of Metro West is surrounded mainly by black crime.You basically have the 4 areas that are around MW and they are all high crime,drugs,murder,rape,robberies,carjackings,assa ults,areas.My sister just moved to MW from another city and because her ex-husband said its nice just to get her back,she went there.I tell her its 100% not nice and don't live there.She's been there 2 months now.She mentioned in an email yesterday that out her back door across the street she can see there's a police sub station.This goes back to what i told her that its' NOT NICE.I worked that area for 8 years as a PO and saw the Walmart being built back in like 1999-2000.That man commenting about the changes the Walmart caused is all true,beleive him and me because its the truth.You get the people that have lived in a Neighborhood such as MW and they are simply afraid to pick up and move maybe changing jobs,so they stay.Maybe the crime doesn't affect them directly.The people are not always going to say like the man said that the area simply "Blows"period.If you can't take a walk at night like like the 2 men a couple of months ago did just north of MW in Crime Hills area(Pine Hills)and were jumped,robbered and one man shot and killed.Also a police sub-station means it because it wasn't always there and that at some point there was a reason to have one built because of the high crime.I would have seen or known that police station was there the first day i looked at an apartment or whatever around there,but i already know now.Then this family wants to know where they can live and is MW OK to live to be 15-20 minutes from Disney World.Well Orange county is pretty much "not nice" anywhere.The west is all blacks,the east and south are major Peurto Rican areas bringing their crimes to the mix.I guess that guy is right that maybe Clermont or a small town near it in Lake County is their best bet.
What? All of the following neighborhoods are pretty nice, to nice, to beautiful: Delaney Park, Thornton Park, Lake Eola Heights, Colonialtown, Audubon Park, Ivanhoe Village, Baldwin Park, College Park, Winter Park, and Maitland. They are all in Orange County. There are some not so nice areas near these, but the average person with an ounce of common sense can easily live here and be safe. I walk in Thornton Park every night and have no issues...I have never even seen a crime in my 2 years here.

Old 06-02-2015, 04:36 PM

1 posts, read 994 times
I moved from North Miami (in the middle of the Haitian ghetto) to MetroWest back in 2013. Honestly, for me it was paradise by only comparing the trashy neighborhood where I owned several investment properties during the Real Estate crisis of 2008. During the first three months, I truly thought this was paradise, Stonebridge is surrounded by lakes, flowers and manicured gardens. But soon enough, my spiritual journalist Globe Specialized black bike was in my balcony and everything seemed so secured around here that I did not lock the door. That night while I finished my meditation session I heard a 'bang' and went I got out to see what happened and my bike was gone! I mean! Wow! in Miami a city where crime is almost everywhere, I never had an incident in almost two decades, but then again, here in Orlando? the City Beautiful? How so? I immediately called my brother and told him (it was his gift for my b-day, it's an expensive bike!) so since he lives by Veranda Park he went out on his truck and saw the guy riding my bike heading off to Raleigh Street crossing Kirkman. By the time he turned around in his direction, the guy was gone through the dark trails. I was so sad about this incident and my bike had white stickers of "the spiritual journalist" so that same evening I posted a picture of my bike on my blog saying that it was stolen. What I did find was a peace of mind by just thinking in the person who did it sending good vibes to the Lord so that one day he could see the gift of life. MetroWest is a nice neighborhood but one has to be aware like everywhere else.

Old 06-02-2015, 05:36 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,196,214 times
Knew it was time to get out of Metrowest when Sam Snead's Tavern was robbed at gunpoint ...

Old 06-04-2015, 05:35 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
crime happens every where- because evil has no boundaries. If you understand you do NOT live in the top of some hill- you live with many people -all walks of life and good and bad alike. be alert aware and you will be fine- Most crime occurs because of opportunity. Give none.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando