Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2008, 09:22 PM

2 posts, read 4,529 times

Advertisements

hi im moving tomorow to orlando from NY and My Transcript is really messed up insted of saying i should go to 12 this year it says that im going to eleven , i have 29.28 credits and in order for me to graduate from a NY high school i need 44 , HOW MUCH DO I NEED TO GADUATE FROM AN ORLANDO HIGH SCHOOL??? i live in orange county thats all i know i just want to know what will happen becouse of my credits and my SO CALLED 11 TH GREADE , please help , im really stressed out , im turning 18 in nov
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEELP,Do you think i'll really get left back , and how will my credits change
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 09:37 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,561,897 times
If you are turning 18, I would recommend you get a GED.

Old 06-18-2008, 11:23 PM

2 posts, read 4,529 times
i want too , but my family still does not know that im getting left back , and im too scared to tell them ,

Old 06-21-2008, 07:23 AM

5 posts, read 22,971 times
Go with your parents and talk to the school and see if you can get it straightened out. It may be that some of your credits didn't transfer because similar courses aren't taught in that school. If that is the case it's important to talk to them, because it may be that just the names are different and that they will actually fit in. There could also be a mistake somewhere. Or you might need to take a couple of extra classes.

My advice is to calm down, talk to your parents, and go to the school. Be friendly, don't get upset during the interview, and see what you can work out together. If that doesn't work, go to the school board.

Good luck! I hope you won't drop out and opt for the GED. If you've gotten this far it would be sad not to graduate.

Keep us posted!

Old 06-22-2008, 05:16 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,061,351 times
It doesn't matter what grade you're in. It matters how many credits you have and you must pass the FCAT. It's a standardized test that everyone has to pass in order to graduate. I'm not sure how many credits you need, but I have an idea b/c my daughter just graduated. You need four English, three math, science, and history, and about 8 electives. You need to have health and a year of PE. Another option, you may try is Adult High School. It is offered at the local community colleges. You get a traditional high school diploma, but can catch up on credits much quicker. They have classes that last 2 hours at a time and you finish a credit in 1 semester as appossed to the entire school year. It's no charge. She went to Seminole Community College. I just checked the Orange county website and it says you need 24 credits to graduate. Good Luck!

Old 06-22-2008, 05:36 PM

765 posts, read 2,637,951 times
If you moved from another state into Florida after 11th grade you would still be required to take the FCAT? Wouldn't they just take the score from whatever equivelent test is administered in the previous state; for example the Regent's Exam in NY? Just another reason NOT to move to Florida!

Old 06-23-2008, 01:42 PM

43 posts, read 180,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpop View Post
If you moved from another state into Florida after 11th grade you would still be required to take the FCAT? Wouldn't they just take the score from whatever equivelent test is administered in the previous state; for example the Regent's Exam in NY? Just another reason NOT to move to Florida!
Wow, the FCAT isn't exactly difficult to pass. I'm not sure if the test scores would be transferable but if you passed one, you'll pass them all. Luckily I finished school the year BEFORE FCAT was made mandatory for graduating.

Whew..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: