Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 03:09 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,049,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I tend to agree a bit more with Joey Pigeon now that I am bit up to date with news here. I am always thankful I read and listened to you guys about Pine Hills. I would have gravitated to that because of the name. Pine Hills has very good memories for me. I would have killed myself with fear if I wasn't out right killed if I had moved to Pine Hills.

Again, I have to say Altamonte Springs is a decent place to live. They have nice single house neighborhoods too. Only a few times I have heard Altamonte Springs on the news now, one was the mother who shot her son in the shower, one for a double deadly 436 crash and maybe a couple of train hits. Others make the nightly news consistently. Deltona does a good job of it too.

I have cut way back on watching the news. I actually avoid it. Has been making me VERY ANGRY and falling back into my prejudiced ways of thinking. Since I have cut back and just judge on the people I have interacted with, I am doing much, much better. I even got lost in Sanford, 46, Perrisome(?) Ave section and was literally guided out by a nice local man. And I am finding the blacks, especially mid-older ones are the most polite of people I interact with. There are always many bad apples but I have been fortunate to not to have encountered them so far.

Altamonte Springs, Winter Park, Winter Springs, College Park, I think they all are decent. Am I correct? I know there are "colored neighborhoods", like off Wymore Rd. but they generally just live daily lives like we do. Nothing compares to Pine Hills in Central Florida, IMO.
people are just people crime and evil are every where!! just as is goodness and kindness -stop profiling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2016, 02:11 AM

146 posts, read 220,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy333 View Post
Does anybody know if the area around the intersection of N Semoran Blvd and Aloma Ave is safe? That area is supposed to be Winter Park but it is also close to Goldenrod.

Thanks! :-)
It's not great but it's not the all time worst either. Lots of students. Not close to any expressways or interstates though, making commutes requiring I-4 or 408 pretty ugly.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:10 AM

safe as in how? other drivers? never safe with other drivers, safe a night- someone trying to jack your car? Its a normal area to me

Old 03-15-2016, 04:54 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,397,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I tend to agree a bit more with Joey Pigeon now that I am bit up to date with news here. I am always thankful I read and listened to you guys about Pine Hills. I would have gravitated to that because of the name. Pine Hills has very good memories for me. I would have killed myself with fear if I wasn't out right killed if I had moved to Pine Hills.

Again, I have to say Altamonte Springs is a decent place to live. They have nice single house neighborhoods too. Only a few times I have heard Altamonte Springs on the news now, one was the mother who shot her son in the shower, one for a double deadly 436 crash and maybe a couple of train hits. Others make the nightly news consistently. Deltona does a good job of it too.

I have cut way back on watching the news. I actually avoid it. Has been making me VERY ANGRY and falling back into my prejudiced ways of thinking. Since I have cut back and just judge on the people I have interacted with, I am doing much, much better. I even got lost in Sanford, 46, Perrisome(?) Ave section and was literally guided out by a nice local man. And I am finding the blacks, especially mid-older ones are the most polite of people I interact with. There are always many bad apples but I have been fortunate to not to have encountered them so far.

Altamonte Springs, Winter Park, Winter Springs, College Park, I think they all are decent. Am I correct? I know there are "colored neighborhoods", like off Wymore Rd. but they generally just live daily lives like we do. Nothing compares to Pine Hills in Central Florida, IMO.
tammy,

most ppl on the forum agree with the things I say, except for a couple of big libs here.

Old 03-15-2016, 06:43 PM

political on common sense?

Old 03-15-2016, 07:45 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
tammy,

most ppl on the forum agree with the things I say, except for a couple of big libs here.
Didn't take your meds today I see

Old 03-15-2016, 08:00 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Falcon View Post
tammy,

Old 03-15-2016, 09:06 PM

17,166 posts, read 15,373,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
To be fair, while his posts tend to be comical, there's some truth to most of what he says... The drivers suck, the crime rate in the overall metro is pretty high; He's just a bit paranoid, and for some reason seems to have a strong vendetta against Puerto Ricans and loud Civics.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:24 AM

14 posts, read 19,005 times
Default 32810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshire81182 View Post
I left off 32810 which I would classify as both, leaning toward bad.
I know this post is a bit dated but 32810. Looking at a place in Lockhart. Is the bad part considered west of 441 which I see on a map is pine hills/rosemont? What about 32771? I see a home between S Persimmon & W Airport Blvd.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:28 AM

17,166 posts, read 15,373,458 times
That part of Sanford you're referring to is a tad bit ghetto. If you're comfortable with that, fine. Crime isn't much of an issue in Sanford overall, but you're going to witness the standard rif-raff that comes with your typical ghetto: loud noise, drug dealers, etc.

32810 is hit-or-miss. For West of 441, I would avoid the area between Pine Hills rd and 441, including the apartments behind Wal-Mart. The part near Beggs and Hiawassee is fine.
For East of 441, I'd stay North of Beggs/Riverside Park, and West of 434, avoiding 434 altogether. There are some very nice neighborhoods in the area, especially between Rose and Magnolia Homes rd, closer to the 414.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando